DTC's code reader / scanner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

My '98 LS400 has a problem that i need a code reader/scanner for.
The one i like so far is the Innova Equus 3160. Does anybody know if this unit is compatable with a '98 Lexus ?

And the problem ive got is when you start the car it runs for 10 seconds then stops. start it, runs for 10 seconds then stops. This will continue as many times you try. If you boot up the accelerator and keep the motor over 2000rpm it will keep running until you take your foot off the accel pedal then it stops..... Any surgestions ?

If i can get a code reader it may help me. .. ... ....

Mr gloverman

Its a '98 vvti. Its been in a panel shop for 18 months after i binned it. They were driving it in and out of the shop. But yeah, it sounded like a vacuum hose had been pulled off the intake manifold or something like that.
I will check the AFM tomorrow (thanks for the tip)
Do you have any thoughts about a code reader/scanner for my LS ? I talked a bit about this a while ago but never needed one, and ive forgotten everything i learnt ! And now that the cars gunna be on the road any day now i want to get one and start playing with it....

The Snapon Ethos talks to them but given what you've described some fresh fuel and spark plugs are your first port of call

Scan tools

Yeah mega bucks no dout... I'm making enquiry's about the
Innova Equus 3160, the Toyota/Lexus Professional tool T605,
also the Autel Maxiscan JP 701 and the Actron CP9580.
Ive sent these company's all emails asking them if their scan tool will cover the 1400 odd Diagnostic trouble codes in the '98 LS400...
So, we'll see what comes back !

ebay has chinese obd2 cable and cracked toyota techstream 6 for under 50 bucks, this setup will definitely work