Down under friends help please on Isuzu Pickup advice

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

skid

Hello Brothers.

Some assistance from south of the equator please.

We've got a Isuzu 4 door pickup/ute 2003 3litre Turbo Diesel Auto in the family company and are looking at buying it off the books for private use. It was an Import car to the UK from Australasia area and is not on general release in the UK and knowledge for it is short here.

As I will be the driver I need to sort something out about the gutless performance but without major engine swaps.

So when I popped the bonnet and saw the tiny turbo and no intercooler I could see a couple of easy ish mods.

Any of you southern hemesphere bretheren familiar with this vehicle and knowledge of aftermarket compatibility or whether Isuzu did a bigger turbo and intercooler model which I could get the parts for???

Any other advice???

Cheers
Mark

No .. I don't think so ?? Unless you check on latter models??
I suggest you check with local turbo shop there and hi flow it ??
Either that? Find out exactly what type / size you have and fit the next size up.. From memory the earlier turbo's run out of puff real early...
The new 3 ltr Isuzu is a real goer... I suggest looking into this turbo?
Only issue you may run into is the new engine's have varaiable A.R or there vaines vary to engine requirements... This wil be too much hassle to set up!!

Try these guys they are alittle closer to home ??
http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/sitemap/isuzu-4x4-turbo-chargers.html
Btw turbo's are often way cheaper through truck companies than they are off Garrett etc....

It's not easy to help you because this forum concentrates on the Toyota V8, and there might not be a lot of us who know about your truck. However, I believe we could use some general knowledge to help you. If you know how the turbo system works, then you can tweak some more hp out of the stock turbo. But as XR8TT mentioned, there won't be a lot due to the early turbo limitation. If you need to know how a turbo system works, let me know and I'll be happy to share with you. Then we can perhaps explore more of it.

Can you check the engine number please. From what you have said it should be a 4JX1 DOHC turbo diesel engine. Most of these we see in NZ are intercooled with the same size turbo. Some washers under the wastegate actuator mounting bolts will net more boost and if you take some photos I should be able to see the intercooler mounting brackets. The turbo compressor cover has a different rotation of the outlet on the intercooled models. Isuzu have many differnet engine families so you may have something else but I have worked on many variants. Cheers