08 Bathurst V8's down under...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Imo the best car race ..
Most rev heads down here will be watching Channel 7 or are there..

no they won't.

most bogans will be watching it, its a pretty boring race, with a bunch of family cars with good suspension body rolling their way around a track.

the race used to have other cars in it, but then ford and holden upped their sponsorship so the rules would be changed to very specific rules that excluded all other cars.

apparently another manufacturer made a car that met the rules, so the rules got changed so they could no longer compete.

realistically, the cars do under 400rwkw, there's lots of inflated power figures going around, most are at the engine, in a perfect, impossible world.

I certainly won't be watching this "race"

with a bunch of family cars with good suspension body rolling their way around a track.
"

I think you might be stuck in the 90's where they still had commondoor dash boards and the like lol.... About the only thing in relation to the original cars are the panels these days. They are full spec race cars now, inside and out, no such thing as body roll.

Granted there are still higher spec categories out there, but there is for every other racing category in the world when compared to F1.

And no, i'm not a V8 Supercars fan.

We are bogans then...But I'm going for the other team..
Skaifey is up himself or was..
Tander just gets on with job..
I'd like to see Glen Seton up there seeing he couldn't get a drive ..
Yes he's past his best but a nice guy..
Support your local manu ...

Well as someone who once lodged and entery for the race (1974, before most you were born) I can say I dind't watch a single lap!

Sorry As much as I'm a "Holden Man" I just don't see the point in silhouette racing.

good race with a good turnout with wincup and lowndes winning three years in a row. not easy to do. even if people are not a fan its still a good day to have a bbq and get drunk

IMO the best bathurst days have gone.

these cars they race now have more in common with each other (holden/ford)
than they do with the cars available to the public, i see niether on the roads here with live rear axles..... to give one example.

Good for a watch tho, it is pretty much formula racing which is a tad boring but that track just has so much to offer for the viewer... i just wish it was more than once a year and not just a round of the V8 (not so)Supercars.

Bring back that nissan bluebird!!! and the seirra's and jags an carolla's EVEN honda civics!!! not to mention the GTR....

well that my 5 cents, from accross the ditch.....
we get it live over here. or pretty close to it anyways.

I don't like the V8 Supercars on principal.
All the politics, etc behind the sport is crap.

Bring back group A's or similar.

Guys from U.S viewers reading this !! Sounds like its not a good show..
Bathurst imo is one of the best races around.. If you are into car racing..

There was PLENTY of politics back in group A days..

Project blueprint http://www.v8supercars.com.au/content/tech/v8_supercar_operations_manual_/
is supposed to keep things even...
Yes even though Holdens have the Ford front and rear style suspension etc...
I don't know of one country where they don't support their local product..
The German / UK sedans are sure hybrids of near local industry..
These cars are NOT showroom racers either..
We have near showroom racing here but hardly any one attends there meets.. So why winge???

I really cant see any high level of motorsport like the supercars anywhere else in the world that is really closely based on production vehicles.Maybe some can point some out??

Nascar is not,even the jap racing is the same.One form of jap racing i was watching had a supra that had a turbo 4 in it with cantilever suspension,that **** aint factory.

I can take or leave the V8 series......but Bathurst is too iconic a race to not get just a little excited :)

At least both makes look tidy as race cars.....and their road going relatives are finally cars i might vaguely consider buying :)

Politics, common mechanicals, 1000's of Police and not one cold toilet seat from Friday on.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. A race this big atttracts people of all walks of life, all gathering on the hill to pay homage to the drivers who put their balls on the line every lap, and as the weekend showed, not everyone succeeds.

After 25 years, the cars have changed but the spectacle remains the same.

Long live Bathurst.