Does the aluminum oil pan ring offer structure to the block?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cebby

Aside from the obvious bellhousing attachment points...

I'm thinking a whole fabricated one piece oil pan might be a better option to maximize my oil capacity while working around the IFS and front diff.

Thoughts?

It does state in the TIS that the aluminum pan has an integral stiffener, and that it "...is secured to the cylinder block and torque converter housing, increasing rigidity."

More effective than a block girdle? Doubtful. But effective? Probably, or Toyota wouldn't have done it.

We all know that by having three different upper oil pans it also enabled them to fit one motor into several different cars.

So if I add an integral block girdle into the pan design along with the tie in to the bellhousing, I "should" be OK? Seems that the tiny bolts used on the AL part of the pan where it connects to the block wouldn't provide enough strength for sufficient torque to make it a viable block stiffening device.

I am about to make sumps as many comversions we do need a true rear sump. We plan to make a 5mm think plate to bolt to the block and may run supports between the sides and then weld a 2mm pan onto the baseplate. The fact that the standard sump has alot of small bolts will give it strength and the factory sealant will also add strength. In NZ motors are cheap so replacement is easy if it doesn't work but we are unlikely to stress the blocks that much. cheers