Differential Oil Leak

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I took my car to a local mechanic about my differential leak. For the first generation LS400, in order to repair the differential cover leak, the whole differential need to come out. Can you believe this? Its like a 2-3 hours job. Today I had a good look at the car while its being on the rack. Yes, its completely true. You need to uninstall the driveshaft, two rear axels and the crossmember.

Yeap not that hard Lex, remove the drive shaft, remove the tires and remove the axle nut and cotter pins, drop the right and left axle shafts by removing the allen nuts, remove the e-brake lines and holding clamps then remove the big drive shaft holding bolts and then watch that the Differential drop and hit you in the head, ouch......:34: I can did that job in 40 minutes flat...beat you buy five minutes:nana: , and that was with the Supra tt LSD not a stock differential which are exactly the same and makes no difference what so ever...

I changed out my LSD twice, and seriously speaking the first time took me 2 hours at least, and the second time around really took me maybe one hour and thirty minutes....

That job in 45 minutes is smoking..wow... Are you using airtools and a pro lift? Because if I had the shop and pro tools I could do that job in my sleep while also doing the spark plugs:sleeping: Dave, is that a torsen LSD you are leaking from?
I just looked at your write up, and man you do a better job then me on these write up and pic's... I think there are some differences between the SC and LS from what I can remember... Good work anyway and great write up...

Open end differential on a 400hp+ turbo'd LS400, tell me it ain't so? I'm am so sorry :27: .....

I still like the job you did....very professional.. I need to start wearing gloves like you....my hands are so beat up...

After we drain the plug, we noticed massive metal residues, so we change the whole differential. The process still very simple. The drive shalf have 3 bolts and the axle i thing was like 6-8 bolts. Once the above bolts are loosen the whole differential came out. There are lots of room between the axle to slide out the differential.