Destruction of Thrown Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
There has been some recent talk about the tensel strenght of the 1uz-fe rods and the years involved...This thread illustrates all the different size rods, power and strength of rods, pictures on page 2, etc...

Check it out for the 1uz-fe rod info... The weakest area of these stock motors..

I have a set of early rods..If anyone wants them...
I guess Toyota was trying to lighten assembly to make them
more revable and throttle responsive ??
I would have thought the cast iron motors in 4 wd's would have the
stronger rods....Seems not ????

I have a set of early rods..If anyone wants them...
I guess Toyota was trying to lighten assembly to make them
more revable and throttle responsive ??
I would have thought the cast iron motors in 4 wd's would have the
stronger rods....Seems not ????

Almost all car manufacturers are going that route due to enviromental concerns, ligthening the internals is one step towards less parasitic losses.

1uzfe

The 89-94 rods looks very close to the rods you can find in the 4A-GZE, 4A-GE redtop(high comp), and 4A-GE 20v(silvertop).....

Anybody ever compared with theses rods?

FranK

The 89-94 rods looks very close to the rods you can find in the 4A-GZE, 4A-GE redtop(high comp), and 4A-GE 20v(silvertop).....

Anybody ever compared with theses rods?

FranK

UZ rods are offset though so doubt they would help you?

I have seen 4A rods hold 200rwkw Ok but are they good for much more?

I was at a dyno last year standing in front of a 4AG 20V with ZE shotpeened rods, at nearly 10,000 rpm it was chomping out 240 whp... The noise it made!!! Thought of shrapnel in knees so I stood back.. Tmk this engine still lives...It was being tuned by Jem..... Turbo was Gt30R...

There's a turbo'd 4agze in Danmark that does 436hp at the wheels on stock rods, it's been going for quite some years now on the street and strip. so Yes they're able to cope with quite some power, needs saying than the engines turbo system is build up in a fashion that 'sorry to say' isnot you're everyday way. everything is just absolutly right as is the motec and the mapping.

the ST 20v rods do not fit a gen 1 1uzfe. dunno bout 4agze ones though they're supposed to be the same as the 20v but never saw them.

20v's on rotrex C30 chargers pump out 310whp @8500rpm all day long without problems.

Grtz Thomas