David Vs. Goliath

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have some pictures below to show the difference in size between the stock post 1998 rod (1uzfe, 2uzfe and 3uzfe) and one of ours. The forged H beam rod u see is attached with a stock 2uzfe pistons and the picture on the right is a standard GS430 piston/rod.

If size matters, then you can clearly see the difference between the two. Enjoy.....
Lextreme-Rods%20025.jpg

The weight is about the same. The stock 1uzfe with bolts is about 628 grams and the forged H beam without bolts 616 grams. I need to find out how much the bolts will weight.

The second picture is comparing 1uzfe rod.
Lextreme-Rods%20029.jpg

The last picture is from one of our members with broken rod.
broken-1uz-rod.jpg

Two more pictures of this forged h beam rod:
Lextreme-Rods%20030.jpg
Lextreme-Rods%20034.jpg

oooooh so nice, great work! im glad they are also a tad lighter, even if its without bolts, 9+ revs here we come....

Actually I weighted the ARP 8740 7/16 bolts today. They are 36 g each. That makes abou 72 grams for the bolts and 616 grams for the rod. The total weight is 688 grams. I am also working on this to make a sportsman version that will be similar to the near stock 1uzfe weight. I think Eagle make some feather weight version. The shoot-peen finish helps to evenly distribute stress and maximize toughness.

I am working on this as we speak. We need to do more R&D to make it available very soon for the community.

Crower makes custom rotating assemblies with lightweight parts. there are also places where you can get custom billet aluminum and titanium rods, I-beam style.

Crower makes custom rotating assemblies with lightweight parts. there are also places where you can get custom billet aluminum and titanium rods, I-beam style.

Ya iv looked into that but wow the cost of that would be as much as my entire car/project put together. Well worth the money if someone could afford it tho!

I've been told the Tundra rods are pretty week. They break for so many times. The Tundra rods & SC are interchangeable, including all Toyota V8. So if you're driving 1 of those, stock these up. I'd love to have a set for my SC once it's boosted.