custom intakes for na 1uz...please help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

beario

hi anyone know of any intakes that are front entry that use the stock tb...its just for looks really in a mkiv supra,as wanted something like the vvti intake,so i can run twin ai filters...i have seen the cowboy beebop one but that cazy money for some shiny intake,,,anyone else know of any...or any other bits like different ocker coves etc etc...

You might try contacting JDMFantasy here. At one time he was making those intakes for Mr. Bebop, but IIRC those intakes had neither a taper on the main headers, nor bellmouths on the IR's, so they may have some distribution issues.

they are for a 2uz,and by the looks of it he did not finish any for customers from reading his posts...

any pics of anyone moding the standard intake to be front mounted as cheapest aftermartket one i have seen is cowboy bepops one ttc racing i think they are called and its 1500 dollars...which is way to much money in my opinion...thats more than my car and v8 swap...

I am VERY surprised someone hasn't figured out how to get a VVTi intake on the early heads. That IMO is the best option. Seems like it would just need some thin adaptor plates to match the flange angle. That or machine the manifold to fit.

would the vvti manifold work with non vvti heads,even if anadapter was made...any thoughts anyone...vvti manifold in ik are like 50 to 100 pounds...

I just picked up a second early UZ manifold and will be cutting it up to make a short runner manifold in the next few weeks. I doubt it will flow as much as the vvti (larger runner ID) but it know for a fact that it will open up a lot of cfm. I really like the variable length design of the vvti but im after the top end gains, period.

If someone makes an adapter plate for these 2 manifolds, I would love to give it a try. CAD files please? hehe

can anyone make me some adapter to fit the vvti manifold or a front facing one for an early 1uz...

Does anyone have a vvti intake for sale ?
i really want to get these to fit a non vvti 1uz, has anyone actualy tried fitting the vvti intake ? how far off is the angle ? any pics etc ?

You might try contacting JDMFantasy here. At one time he was making those intakes for Mr. Bebop, but IIRC those intakes had neither a taper on the main headers, nor bellmouths on the IR's, so they may have some distribution issues.

I was once curious as to the cost for one of those intakes, as they are "pretty", but they were untested and unproven. I believe JDM wanted approximately $2,400 for it...A might bit pricey, I thought, and I am not sure that even included the Infinity throttle body they were using. It also did not include polishing. So, I passed, and simply had my stock intake ported and scuffed by by machine shop (both the upper and lower). We'll see if it helps or hurts when I get my car on the dyno after Darin gets back from the Supra meet.

Ryan

they are for a 2uz,and by the looks of it he did not finish any for customers from reading his posts...

We did quite a few over the few year period, including the manifold on Eric's personal car. We did later find out that several customers of Eric's never received their manifolds, for what reason I don't know. At that point it was out of our hands... and is one of many reasons we stopped doing business with him.

any pics of anyone moding the standard intake to be front mounted as cheapest aftermartket one i have seen is cowboy bepops one ttc racing i think they are called and its 1500 dollars...which is way to much money in my opinion...thats more than my car and v8 swap...

For what it is, it is too much money, you are correct.

I am VERY surprised someone hasn't figured out how to get a VVTi intake on the early heads. That IMO is the best option. Seems like it would just need some thin adaptor plates to match the flange angle. That or machine the manifold to fit.

There is a difference in 20 degrees between the VVTi and non-VVTi. An adapter could be done, but you'd be left with a less than desirable kink in the transition. Simplest, maybe. Best... that depends on what the user's definition may be.

I was once curious as to the cost for one of those intakes, as they are "pretty", but they were untested and unproven. I believe JDM wanted approximately $2,400 for it...A might bit pricey, I thought, and I am not sure that even included the Infinity throttle body they were using. It also did not include polishing. So, I passed, and simply had my stock intake ported and scuffed by by machine shop (both the upper and lower). We'll see if it helps or hurts when I get my car on the dyno after Darin gets back from the Supra meet.

Ryan

Flow testing was done - results were posted on another forum. 31% improvement over stock with less than 1% variance across all runners. The stock manifold has a variance of around 4%.

We never charged anything close to $2400, as anyone who had one done outside of Eric or TTC can attest to. His mark-ups were rediculous.
There is alot more I won't get into, however I wanted to clear up some of the misinformation.

We did quite a few over the few year period, including the manifold on Eric's personal car. We did later find out that several customers of Eric's never received their manifolds, for what reason I don't know. At that point it was out of our hands... and is one of many reasons we stopped doing business with him.

This is Eric posting under JDMFantasy's name, that he gave me. Casey, that is untrue. We stopped doing business with you because your intake manifolds had half a dozen cracks in them, and a wavy finish, and one outright didn't fit by a half an inch! On my end, if a customer sent funds for the manifold and for shipping then he got his manifold, full stop.

We never charged anything close to $2400, as anyone who had one done outside of Eric or TTC can attest to. His mark-ups were rediculous.
There is alot more I won't get into, however I wanted to clear up some of the misinformation.

Quality costs, and your sub par manifolds reflect that. I'm sorry Casey, but I never had a problem with you until you came on here to spread things that are entirely untrue. Want to see my manifolds? Here you are. You guy simply can not reach this level, I know that first hand, because your manifolds failed every time I asked your for more quality.

yhst-88612714740256_2146_3226234

yhst-88612714740256_2146_3630581

Picture005-5.jpg

Hi All
There is a place who did a conversion on a Ford Essex manifold for me a bit back, I have spoken to them and I am going to drop them off a lower manifold for the 1UZ-FE to look at, they make a lot of manifolds for bike throttle bodies.
Here is a link to some of the work they do
http://www.boggbros.co.uk/gallery5.html

Alan

to be honest rushy i am going to use the 99 ls400 engine 4.0 vvti has a front facing plenum on it already...