Custom Extractors Pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peewee

JBrady

Just thought I'd say I went with what you said, but I had to get 4-2-1 extractors, not 4-1, as there isnt enough room.

1.5" primaries, I think the secondaries are 2", and 2.25" collectors.

The rest of the exhuast will come when I can afford it.

Dyno results will be posted when I get it done.
I was expecting around 150rwkw with the stock manifold, so we shall see.

http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/extractors

extractors_drivers_side_7.jpg

extractors_passengers_side_6.jpg

extractors_underside_1.jpg

nice tunned ish looken extractors.
mine are 4-1 that are nice but not tunned lenght like yours and i got 225 at the wheels with a very similar set up twin 2 1/2 to the diff then into three inch with two hotdog two cats and 1 three inch open flow muffler and i get nothing but complements on the note check out my dyno run for a video clip sounds good.
i am sure you will be happy with that.
if you need a hand getting the engine and extractors out i think your friends will run far and fast that looks tight.

If/when I remove the motor, the Extractors will be unbolted from the heads, and left in the bay.
I wouldnt dare try to remove the motor with them still connected.

Nice pics PeeWee,

Dare I ask it but where the hell would i find someone to do a similar setup for me? i know there are a couple of you in QLD and of course Peewee in Perth... where does one start?
$$?

cheers fellas
BTW i run a stock 92 LS right now...

Most exhaust shops will be able to do them.
It depends if they want the challange, and if you are prepared to pay the dollars.

I dropped the car off on monday morning, and picked it up tuesday the week after, so you can see how much effort was put into these.

Cost was $1500, but at a guess that was at a discount, coz I know the guy.

Quickfit Mufflers in Hornsby know their way around the 1UZ-Fe so will have more idea than most when it comes to working with them.

Look them up in the pho

Peewee, I am not sure how I missed this post so long. Sorry for appearing not to comment. The headers look nice, what is your driving impression so far? Have you done any performance measurements either dyno or timed runs?

Only one dyno sheet, and only tuned up to 3500rpm.

He stopped doing the dyno at 5000rpm, and we got 197rwhp.

Will get it tuned to redline, and a dyno sheet done again, this time to redline.

That will be about 4 weeks away.

Hoping for 230-250rwhp with it

Peewee said:
Only one dyno sheet, and only tuned up to 3500rpm.

He stopped doing the dyno at 5000rpm, and we got 197rwhp.

Will get it tuned to redline, and a dyno sheet done again, this time to redline.

That will be about 4 weeks away.

Hoping for 230-250rwhp with it

So... are you saying that air/fuel tuning has only been done to 3500rpm?

You are currently making 207rwtq at 5000rpm... if you can maintain that to 6000rpm you will be making 236rwhp. That is fairly optimistic unless the is a fair amount of tuning left to maximize performance.

Regarding the manifolds themselves... I like the way the merges are at steep angles and keep the energy of the exhaust pulse moving away from the engine.

Since both manifolds join on the right side of the vehicle and there is a manual tranny... this must be an engine swap. Did you dyno the stock manifolds? Do you have a dyno sheet you could post?

How does it "feel" when driving? How is the low and mid range response/torque? How does the high RPM feel compare to the stock manifolds?

Nice effort.

extractors

Just had a look at your extractors and wondered, is the manifold pattern on one bank exactly the same as the other, eg put left manifold on right side and vice versa and direct exhaust out and under front ( may reduce interferance to steering etc on mine , and yeah I know it's a way out idea)

KE20,

You are thinking "outside the square". this is the way to a better conversion.

Whats wrong woth the exhaust running forward and doing a gentle 180 degree turn and headung aft?

Zuffen said:
KE20,

You are thinking "outside the square". this is the way to a better conversion.

Whats wrong woth the exhaust running forward and doing a gentle 180 degree turn and headung aft?

Damn i was thinking this last night and sketched it work today

I was thinking making my manifolds face forward then kick back under with a 180 degree bend, i was going / need to make new manifolds anyway

Ready for when either twin or single turbos go in to my hilux