Cumming Forged Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Got a set of Cumming Forged Rods from T M Engineering and I have taken few pictures for the comparison between stock 1UZFE and Cumming Forged Rods. Thanks to Todd from TME, now my build 1UZFE motor is becoming posssible. Now i just need some forged pistons. I was told by Todd that those rods can handle about 900-950 rwhp.

Pretty damn impressive.

They make the stock rods look wimpy!

Whilst the stock rods are very good these are simply beautiful.

Did you have to give them your first or second born or both?

If you look at the "grain" of the steel you can see the forged rod does not have the dimpled finish. This is because it has been shaped under pressure which closes up the "pores" of the steel ,aking it denser. Whilst it has obviously been ground to a nice finish you can see the difference.

Size Them Up

So these rods look good. How do they measure up in comparison to the stock rod dimensions?
Rod Length
Small End Bore
Big End Bore
Width of the Big End
Last but not least Centre to Centre Distance

Pro240c

Best thing for the stock rods is to shotpeen them and have them polished. That is the most you can do to increase their strength.

It won't do a lot but it will increase the HP they can handle.

Well, whatever they CAN do, it wasn't good enough for TM Engineering, becuase he is using 'better' rods for his current project SC400. He's hoping 1,100+ HP, so why didn't he use those rods?

If anything, those could have been the first test batch that Cunningham did for TM, and they may not be the current 'good' model.