CT26 Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Anyone know how fast does those CT26 turbo spool? The brand new and upgrade one is about 400-450 each. Anyone know what is the standard A/R on the CT26? The CT26 is half of the price of the GT30. What do u think? Twin CT26 or Twin GT30

get the CT26 off the 7MGTE (3.0L twincam turbo six in the 89-92 supras).
the CT26A will work, but it came off a factory 2.0L, so you'll want an upgrade sooner rather than later.

the CT26 is a T3 sized turbo perfect for a 1UZ in pairs. remember, you have 10.0:1 CR to contend with!

CT-26 also got a water cooling line to deal with too. I busted the axel on my CT-26 and the oil and water mixed into the engine and got sucked into my IC pipes and IC.

IMO the CT-26 is a great turbo. On my Supra it started spooling at ~1800 and had full boost before 2.5k. At 1 bar with intake and a cutout, I made right at 300rwhp. So, twins could make some serious power. Just look at the MKIV's. They make over 400rwhp at 18psi, and their turbos (CT12) are a good deal smaller.

If you are comparing it to a T3, it’s on the big side with an impeller size of 46mm. One of the guys on Supra Forums has a great sight with a lot of info about the turbo - http://www.jblmk3.com/id97.htm (scroll to the bottom of the page). Also, regarding the water cooling, you don’t have to use it. There are a few higher HP (400rwhp+) Supra guys that haven’t used the water-cooling for several years with no problems.

BTW, turbo Supra were available from 87-92 in the US :)

hi guys, my first post..yeaa..i also think the ct26 are descent turbos..they are proven reliable-my mr2 had gone 120,000 plus on the original..and they are plentiful--you can get used ones for 75-150..and beause there 2-3 different types, you get a choice of what hp youd want..
ive had plenty of good luck with them in the past, and id be the first one to say, "its nice o have a spare or 2 around,just in case"