CT12 twin turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

Hi Guys, I have found a pair of ct12 turbo's on a 1991 Supra with intercooler, if i only want to run 6-7psi on a standard soarer ecu, would these be suitable for a 1uz, i think they could be ceramic is this correct, they seem to be in good order the car was well looked after, until it met its demise, has synthetic oil etc ,the plumbing that they have on then is about 1.75" ending up at about growing to 2" at the intercooler up to 3" at the throttle body would this be big enough, if so how do they unbolt.
The turbo bolts have no nuts on the manifold side just a stud with a 6mm hex head can these be removed with a 6mm socket.
also found a set of green injectors 23250-70080 as well for $4.00 each sounds like a good buy.
Regards
Lambo

hell no they wouldn't be suitable - in twin form anyways.

the same turbos were released on the 1GGTE, the 2.0L sixpot from toyota with excellent results in manual form. in auto form, they left a little to be desired, so when it's bigger brother came along, the 1JZGTE (which was optimised for auto transmission) they stuck the now very undersized CT12s on it for an instant, supercharger like, response.

in reality, one CT12 is good for a 1.0L engine. the CT9 is good for a 1.3-1.5L engine, the CT20 good for a 1.8-2.0L engine, the CT26A for a tuff 2.0L and the CT26 for a 2.5 - 3.0L engine.

so, if you want to use the CT12s, you'll need 4 - or 2 per bank.

other than that, the injectors sound like a steal. :)

c12 turbos

Thanks, pro240c left then in the wrecking yard, a guy there was going to fit them to his starlet 4k 1300 that should make it go.
and i saved some bucks
Lambo

CT26 from a toyota 3s-gte (Celica All-Trac or MR2 Turbo) were made for a 2.0L so two of those would work well. You'd be set for 500whp. I get full boost by 2800rpm. They are efficient on a 2L bank up to 16psi, stock boost is about 10psi.

turbos

Thanks 88alltrac, Now i know what to look for at the wreckers, just a case of finding them at a reasonable price and in a usable condition, or getting them reconditioned.
Lambo

88Alltrac said:
CT26 from a toyota 3s-gte (Celica All-Trac or MR2 Turbo) were made for a 2.0L so two of those would work well. You'd be set for 500whp. I get full boost by 2800rpm. They are efficient on a 2L bank up to 16psi, stock boost is about 10psi.

that's the CT26A.

pro240c said:
that's the CT26A.
Actually it is JUST a CT-26, there is a CT-26B.. The CT-26B came on the ST-205 94+ GT-Four and the later MR2 Turbo as well (JDM only got these stock, we have to import them.) The CT26B has 7 turbine studs and and much improved wastegate. Some had ceramic turbines and others had steel. 50mm minor/60mm major turbine wheel measurements. The MK3 Supra Turbo had the CT-26A (.2" larger turbine then the CT-26.)

I have an Alltrac that came with the CT-26 and a GTS that had one. The upgraded compressors tend to top out kinda low as the turbine on these turbos is kind of restrictive. Honestly, a t3/t4 is much more efficient, but the idea of using two toyota turbos on a toyota engine sounds kinda neat.

-Steve