Crown ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Toyo ECUs generally aren't easily modified. They usually have at least two processors and sometimes 4. This makes it very difficult to know what you are modifying.
Also if they use eproms to store data they are proprietry and don't lend themselves to being replaced like other ECUs do.
Piggy backs are OK but a full replacement ECU is the better way to go.
1) Its easier, even though more costly for hardware it saves on labour.
2) You have full control over the engine unlike a piggyback whereby there is always the possibility you aren't modifying the map you thinkn you are.

Thanks heaps for the responses Peewee and KDog. I was sort of guessing that I will have to go stand alone ECU one day. I would love a little more power, but I love the driveability I currently have.
Regards
Matt.

That is good to know Peewee.
What would be a realistic power output with a decently tuned stand alone, currently I have 161kw @ the wheels.
Also views on what stand alone is best in relation to sensor compatibilty, qualility, tuneability, cost.
I noticed KDog recommends Autronic, Motec and EFI technology.
Is it possible to get a shared map, connect up to a laptop and have a well tuned engine or is there more to it than that, is dyno time required.
This tuning/engine management is all new to me, please excuse any silly questions.
Regards
Matt.

Its hard to say what power you will get.

It differs greatly from dyno to dyno.

You say you have 161rwkw with factory crown ecu, manual trans, and i'm guessing factory headers.
I have 165rwkw with microtech ecu, manual trans, custom extractors, twin tb manifold, etc etc.
Others have found 170+rwkw with factory ecu, piggyback, extractors, and an auto.

So I really don't know what to believe in terms of power output.

But you know how when the motor is cold, its a fair bit more spritely?
Well thats what it would be like the whole time with a proper tune.

As for what brand, get Adaptronic.