Crower Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think someone from the boards had called Crower about these. As I remember, they $1800.00 for a full set.

Of course the 8 rod price for the xUZ will be higher than the 6 rods in the 2JZ

Attachments

• DSCF1578.JPG
    DSCF1578.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1589.JPG
    DSCF1589.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 171
Zuffen,

Unfortunately, since my project doesn't start until fall, I won't be able to get in on the group purchase unless I hit the local lottery. These prices are available year round. Also, if it is indeed $167 a rod, it will be 1336 a set, which is not that much more expensive than yours. Although, they probably won't hold the horsepower that yours will, they will hold enough for my project.

JBrady,

That price was for the 2UZ V8. Since they don't have 1UZ shelf pistons yet, the price so far is $190 a rod. The site has $167 a rod though, so I'm inquiring to see which one is correct. If it's $167, it will be $1336 for 7 rods, which is wonderful.

Chris.

Attachments

• westys lux.jpg
    westys lux.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1
Kaze,

The Australian Dollar is worth a bit less than your greenback.

Current exchange rate is 74US cents per Aussie Dollar which makes our rods around US$995.00. I worked the exchange at 75US cents for safety.

From this we feel we can deduct 1/11th Goods and Services Tax (as the rods are being exported) which brings it down to US$905.00 plus freight.

This makes them a fairly attractive proposition.

Either go buy some winning Lottery tickets or start saving. The deal won't close for a while yet so this is a great opportunity to save some money.

Completely forgot about the exchange rate. Nice. 905 + shipping is great. Hmm...maybe as a new real estate agent I can sell a couple of houses before this ends...

Also, I found out from Crower that if we place a 5000 order, which in this case would be 5 sets, we can get the shelf rods for the 2UZ for 145 and custom rods for 156, which makes it 1160 and 1248 a set, respectively.

I still have hopes that no matter what I do, the project starts this fall...[insert maniacal laugh here]. Custom pistons with 6mm less compression height, custom rods 6mm longer to increase the rod/stroke ratio to 1.83...8000rpm...twin turbos...delicious!

Update:

According to Crower, the rods hold 300hp a cylinder. I believe that you can get them in H-Beam or I-Beam, I sent another email to confirm. I will get I-Beam if that's the case.

Also, they can do a custom stroker with CP Pistons, pins, rings and locks, and Crower Rods and crank, 4340 Billet Steel. ~$6000. Just FYI.

Good luck with Crower making any stroker for you. In the Supra world, they tool over a year with guys' order for a 3.3L stroker, and in the end never came through with the goods. There was talk of a legal action.