Crank Pulley/Damper Weight- HELP ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jgscott

I was hoping someone who has one laying around could help me. I need to know the Weight of the Stock Crank Pulley/Damper on a 1UZfe or 3UZfe motor. I was told they were the same part # from Lexus ( # 13407 - 50030).

Does anyone have one laying around that could weight it for me please. Need just the Damper only, NOT spacer or parts behing it. Also if you have or could give me a few pics of it ( front, side, and back, I would be very greatfull. Thanks.

Dont understand what your talking about with the damper only and spacers and what not.. There are no spacer or anything.... I have one sitting here from an early 1uz (93 SC400 to be exact). It weighs 2400 grams (84.5 onces or 5lbs 4.5oz)

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, the only camera I have avalible at the moment is my phone..

CP01.jpg

CP02.jpg

CP03.jpg

Dont understand what your talking about with the damper only and spacers and what not.. There are no spacer or anything.... I have one sitting here from an early 1uz (93 SC400 to be exact). It weighs 2400 grams (84.5 onces or 5lbs 4.5oz)

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, the only camera I have avalible at the moment is my phone..

CP01.jpg

CP02.jpg

CP03.jpg

Hey thanks, hope the 97 up is the same part. I meant there is a washer/spacer ( # 13566A - 50030 and Gear # 13521P ) behing it. I just wanted to be sure I got the Damper Sub - Assuby only. # 13407 - 50030.

Thanks

Ok, did a bit more research and the only thing I could come up with is the 95 and later units are different then the 94 and earlier... My guess is that the later units are lighter being that the rotating assembly of the 95 and later engine's is lighter...

Can anyone else that has a 95 or new, with part # 13407 - 50030, help me out. I'm trying to get the total weight and possible pics. Thanks.

Why we are on this topic, I seen a guy here on Lextreme made a custom aluminum underdrive one with no damper in it. Is that a good idea?

Why we are on this topic, I seen a guy here on Lextreme made a custom aluminum underdrive one with no damper in it. Is that a good idea?

Nope no Damper is Bad !

Gonna get a few made With A Harmonic Damper, Stock size Lighten, for a 3UZ transplant I'm building. Scott do you have one ? You had a 97 motor. Can you give me the stock weight and pics ?

Attachments

• HPIM0732.JPG
    HPIM0732.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 50
  • HPIM0736.JPG
    HPIM0736.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 50
Dont have the weight at the moment. The 97 one is still on the engine, I will try to get it pulled so I can get that info for you.

I didnt think the one without the damper was good but a lightened one sounds like a good idea.
What would you do, make the hub portion aluminum but the outer balance ring steel?

The weight in itself is largely a contibuting factor as to how well it dampens harmonic vibrations from the crank.... The lighter it is, the less it dampens. The weight is set accordingly to the magnitude and frenquency of the harmonic vibrations coming from the crank...

Dont have the weight at the moment. The 97 one is still on the engine, I will try to get it pulled so I can get that info for you.

I didnt think the one without the damper was good but a lightened one sounds like a good idea.
What would you do, make the hub portion aluminum but the outer balance ring steel?

Nope. Trying to get a few of these custom made. They made 15 hp & 21 tq on the C36 AMG . http://www.abedinmotorsports.com/pulley.htm

My motor is apart in another state and the shop is closed for the holidays. Thanks if you can get that.

They made 15 hp & 21 tq on the C36 AMG . http://www.abedinmotorsports.com/pulley.htm

Have another think guys !
Those dyno sheets only tell you what they want you to see, not the whole story. The graphs are from inertia runs.

It is impossible to get more hp or torque by using a lighter harmonic balancer/flywheel/clutch/crank etc.

BTW
Have been running a 1UZ circuit race engine with NO harmonic balancer and a flywheel/clutch ASSY weighing less than 8lb.
Would not reccommend for street engine but we have NO vibration problems up to 9200 rpm.

Attachments

• Lexrod1.jpg
    Lexrod1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Lexrod2.jpg
    Lexrod2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Lexrod3.jpg
    Lexrod3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Lexrod4.jpg
    Lexrod4.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 36
Have another think guys !
Those dyno sheets only tell you what they want you to see, not the whole story. The graphs are from inertia runs.

It is impossible to get more hp or torque by using a lighter harmonic balancer/flywheel/clutch/crank etc.

BTW
Have been running a 1UZ circuit race engine with NO harmonic balancer and a flywheel/clutch ASSY weighing less than 8lb.
Would not reccommend for street engine but we have NO vibration problems up to 9200 rpm.

No, the engine is not making any more power then it did previous to the lighting of any of the rotating assembly including drivtrain, but you do gain usable power at the ground.. It takes torque to accelerate a rotating mass. The heavier that mass the more torque it takes to accelerate it at a given rate. The opposite is true for lighter mass's so if torque production stays the same but you reduce the rotational mass, then you gain more torque at the ground to accelerate the car. So in the end, you do gain usable power, just not in the sense of the engine making more, but in the sense that less is being used up to accelerate rotational mass thus more is avalible to accelerate the car.

Ok 1st , all theory and opinions aside. I'm am trying to get the weight of the Stock Damper and pics for a 97 + up. 1UZ or 3Uz Crank damper.

2nd that was not the only dyno, others have proven a gain and it can let your motor rev freerer thru slow rpm bands.

3rd lighten and underdriven pulleys do work on engines. Lighting the rotating mass is a basic fact. It's like lightening the crank.

4th a Non dampend pulley may work for many miles but....... if the stock one is Dampened and I have a choice between Damper or No Damper,I'm running damper.

5th RMS thats impressive on your motor at 9200 rpm's. Is it a 1UZ ? If so could you tell a little about the build to live up to 9200 rpms. But....... how do you know that you have NO problem with Vibration even as the motor leans sideways a bit on a track or changes major load speeds both up and down ? I've seen Cranks break/snap in half on dyno's on bikes while doing extream throttle snaps.

speaking of crank pulleys - does anyone have the dimensions - good enough for CAD or a CAD drawing of one ?
I need to make my pulley larger to get more belt grip to hopefully solve belt slip issues

Ok 1st , all theory and opinions aside. I'm am trying to get the weight of the Stock Damper and pics for a 97 + up. 1UZ or 3Uz Crank damper.

+98 looks the same

good luck with your mission. i fear you'll be disappointed, but dont let anyone theory or opinion sway you

+98 looks the same

good luck with your mission. i fear you'll be disappointed, but dont let anyone theory or opinion sway you

Thanks guys. I hope some of you are not trying to say that a different lighten and or both, smaller diameter crank pulley can't increase engine performance or hp .

Getting to put on my Flame Retardant Web Suite !

'99 1uz and 03 3uz are the same weight on my scale.
5lbs, 2.6 oz

If you need pics, let me know. It's off the car and wouldn't take but a second to email you one.

I have an under drive pulley that I'd let go for $125.00 shipped to the US if you need/want one. I needed it to turn the boost down on the SC till I got around to building the engine up.