Crank, Crank, Crank, Crank..... Ooops.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Like the title stated... my Fuel Pressure Regulator not holding fuel pressure. Therefore, my engine was very hard to start. I would take about 4-5 sets of cranking in order to start the car. After a month or so, the starter really took a beating. I start noticing strange noise from the starter. It sounded like something is cratching or some type of grinding noise. After one day of driving the cranking start to be weaker and weaker and finally the poor starter gave up.

This could of prevent with a change of FPR for about $140 and of course I was aware of this problem until few days ago. At the same time, my FPR arrived today.... I guess a day too late. Now its time to roll up my sleeves and arm wrestle this task for about 5 hours.

Attachments

• 1jz-gte wolf3d map.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
hey lextreme i am also doing my starter. it took me 2 hours to just get the upper air intake chamber off plus i broke about 4 hoses. well tommorow i will do the rest good luck to you and me

thanks again . i read the right up you did on the faulty starter and follow every thing to a tee and it has to be the starter. but thanks again. at first i thougt it was a bad ground clean that and nothing but click. so its time to put the gloves on lol

What is worst is that my starter is less then two years old. The excessive starting takes a major hit to my starter. So what is the moral of this post? If you have difficulty starting or takes excessive starting sections. Stop and find out what is going on before your starter burn out. Just becare when installing the injectors back. FYI you dont have to uninstall the injectors. The whole unit (upper intake with fuel rails attached) comes off together.

I read a post some time ago that suggested hacksawing a slot in the forward end of the bolts holding the stater.

Once you've released the tension on the two bolts you can wind the bolts through the starter with a screwdriver.

Same applies when re-installing.