"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Kdog,

Yes they do predict the crank position, but as I stated earlier they can predict the crank position with an accuracy of 0.1 DEG, they also have plenty of time to process other complex tasks. Just have a look at the MoTeC M800 Specs.

Now other aftermarket manufacturers that use 8 bit or 16 bit microcontrollers may struggle only calculating crank angle with one tooth per TDC using a time based calculation, but these days most OEM ECU's are using angle & time based calculations to sort out true crank position for example Bosch 60-2, Nissan 360 optical, Toyota 12 tooth on crank.

I think you need to think a little harder.

I have given you chances to think about you statement, you are wrong.
Its lesson time.
There specs are misleading. They state that they can fire within 0.1deg of crank position. The problem is they are GUESSING the crank position, they do not know the real position.
The crank speed is not linear, if it was there wouldn't be any problems unfortunately life isn't like that.
Lets imagine the engine is reving at a nice steady 3000rpm, that is the average revolution of the crank.
Its all nice and easy to measure but its useless for calculating when to fire the plug because the crank does not move at a constant velocity ie its speed is not linear. It is either accelerating or decelerating. In the case of the 1uz it accelerates 4 times per 360deg and decelerates 4 times/360deg.
The acceleration is differrent for every engine/fuel/head etc.
An OEM can get away with less processing because they know the specifics of the engine. Hence they can get away with a crappy crank sensor for speed, they have already done the accurate measurement back at the factory.
An aftermarket ECU doesn't have this info and never will so in order to get the correct timing they need to have even more processing power. Even if they have the processing power (which none do because its pointless for the following reason) they still couldn't calculate the true crank position because there is no sensor on the engine which is capable of giving them enough information to calculate it.
And of course this is just for one constant RPM, I will not be describing the problems of calculating crank position during RPM acceleration and deceleration.

Compelling arguements, but I don't know from art in this case. As long as someone can plug their standalone into the harness, then the laptop into the standalone for precise tuning, then it's peanut butter/jelly time.

Eric

Kdog,

No Lessons needed here,

They (MoTeC) must be able to measure the crank position with that accuracy to fire the spark with that accuracy ot they would not state that they could.

I agree the crank acceleration is not linear, so lets use your 1uz example, it has 12 teeth on the crank so the ECU can calculate the crank acceleration every 30 Deg, on the bosch 60-2 mode, a calculation can be made every 6 Deg, Nissan 360 optical a calculation can be made every 2 Deg.

Microprocessors can calculate acceleration accuratly from the above information and have plenty of time to do other stuff.

The oscilations in rotational acceleration of the crank get smoothed out due to the loads that are applied to the crank.

Anyway this has gotten way off the subject of COP, If you want to develop a system with 2 processors, go for it!

Take it easy guys, I kan feel the love in here.......:)

Back to the subject, COP's. I have gotten 4 Honda CBR coils and they do fit with some slight
mods. I need to get my new confusor up and running so I can post some pics about what mods
are needed to get them to fit the 1UZFE ( some grinding from the top of the coils and spark
plugs with removable "heads/treads" ).

mycarhasposessedme said:
Did anyone hear that. No, wait, oh no carry on, it was nothing. Lol!!!!!!

LOL.

so they're definitely CBR coils then - because the part numbers are proving hard to chase over here in WA for some stupid reason - i've rung 3 OEM dealers and no-one has gotten back to me. :shrug:

Some Toyota COP Part numbers

90919-02230 Land cruser
90919-02240 Echo
90919-02227 ??
90919-02236 3sg gen4
90919-02243 ??
90919-02205 Supra (needs external module)

Attachments

• Celexus6.jpg
    Celexus6.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 85
Just setting up my Honda CBR cops at the moment.
Has anyone worked out a suitable plug with a threaded top for boosted applications yet?
They will be hooked up to a M&W Pro14 CDI running off a Wolf.
Cheers, pics below.

The standard plug that honda uses in this case the NGK version is an IMR9A-9H Iridium plug, 10mm, 3/4" reach, 5/8" hex, gasket seat, resistor, projected tip, extremely long life plug, iridium center electrode with platinum tipped ground electrode, .036"gap and a heat range of 9.
If this plug had a 14mm thread diameter it would have been great for us with FI, but alas its only 10mm and wont fit.
One suitable plug I came across is the NGK BKR7EIX-11 which is a 14mm, 3/4" reach, 5/8" hex, gasket seat, ISO length, resistor, projected tip, fine wire (0.6mm) iridium center electrode, tapered cut ground electrode, .044" gap and a heat range of 7, which is one step colder than standard.
And just gap it down to .035.
However I am not sure if it comes with an unscrewable terminal, as the Honda cops will only fit a bare threaded terminal.
Has anyone else looked into plugs for these cops?
Cheers

Attachments

• arp-main 006.jpg
    arp-main 006.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 18
  • arp-main 013.jpg
    arp-main 013.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 13
  • arp-main 015.jpg
    arp-main 015.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 13
  • arp-main 016.jpg
    arp-main 016.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
  • arp-main 020.jpg
    arp-main 020.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
Coil set-up looks very smink.Are they the same coils pro-240c (P.N 129700-3881) is getting for his project.