Castle Hill 'block hugger' headers for the Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

CHe

I wanted to know it these headers will fit on my 1uz on my hilux because I don't have and don't want the crown 'log type' exhaust manifold, so I emailed Castle Hill and they said it 'should' fit.

Hi Anthony the 1UZFE block huggers should fit into your application as they tuck in tight to the block. These are in stock at present and can be despatched whenever you require. Thanks Con ....
----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:51 PM
Subject: Enquiry about the 1uzfe 'block hugger' headers.

I am in the process of installing a 1uzfe into a 2wd hilux. I was wanting to now if your block hugger headers will fit for the hilux application?

ch85.jpg

So I want to know what is the clearance problem when you don't use the log type manifolds as at the moment I have soarer manifolds. Is it the flang at the end of the manifold where the rest of the exhausted is hooked up or is it the body of the manifold hits the chassis?
Can anybody help!?

Hi CHe,
it all depends on how you've mounted your engine (ie what engine mounts you've used) what sump you've got, 2wd/4wd, IFS etc. There is no generic 'this will fit 100%' solution for a hilux, it all depends on what you're starting with...

Search the forum and see what others have done first, then you should have a better idea..

Muzz

Muzz

To fit the stock Majesta manifolds into my Hilux 4wd I had to remove the triangular flanges and replace them with 2 bolt flanges to fit between the chassis rails
2.jpg

Ive used these same headers on my 2wd 94 Courier with no clearance
issues, just had to move remote oil filter as engine is from Crown.
Only about 10 mm clearance at steering shaft is nearest point.

i have got a set of these on my floor, i have got a stripped motor and a good one i can put them on if ya want some pics,
i will be fitting my v8 as low and back as i can but also to suit the exhaust not the other way round

some pics would be great. Also what car are you putting it into?? a Hilux? If so, what sump are you using?cheers

yep a second gen lux, 4wd, there is a thread on engine mods about my sump ideas. othewise just use a rear sump or get one from CRS $600 with modded pickup
if 2wd or ifs should use a front sump, which i have a complete one

I'll be keen on a set of these if they fit my 4runner (passenger side would be fine, steering shaft on drivers side will be the problem).....Any idea how much are they asking for them?

and some pics of them installed would be great too!!

im makin a custom set of headers for my 2wd hilux now, dam that **** is hard, if these fit with no issues, id be ready to give up and just use them

i am bringing my motor home today, so i will get all measurments of stock ls400 manifold and then with the CH headers. just for u guys

i have done the right side. here are the measurments:

stock:
Green: 200mm
Light blue: 50mm
Red: 10mm
Dark blue: 135mm
Purple: 110mm
Orange 105mm

Castle Hill:
Green: 190mm
Light blue: 65mm
Red: 10mm
dark blue: 105mm
Purple: 90mm
Orange: 115mm

But the flange is not on the same angle, so the exhaust would need to be changed to suit the engine pipe flanges and tapered down pipe that is supplied.

DSCF1440.jpg

DSCF1443.jpg

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1439.jpg

DSCF1438.jpg

Tomo, which headers are they?

They don't look like the "log style" ones I had to switch to. I think I'm now using the Soarer headers. Those ones look like the crown headers to me. I think these block huggers still come out from the block further than the log style soarer ones.

can the castle hill headers be used in reverse (right on left and left on right) for use with a turbo application?
ie do they bolt up?
cheers