Car burning oil only when cold???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

celicasupra

Hey after my car has been sitting for a long period of time and i start it, eg in the morning or to go home after work, it starts burning a thick blue cloud of smoke for about 5mins until its warmed up a bit, and then is completely gone with no trace of oil being burnt. Any idea of whats going on? valve stems? piston rings? any help appreciated.

yeah i thought that aswell but ive had valve stem problems on other cars before and it keeps happening when your idling and taking off even when car is hot, this car isnt smoking at all once it warms up but is pouring out when cold

Hey after my car has been sitting for a long period of time and i start it, eg in the morning or to go home after work, it starts burning a thick blue cloud of smoke for about 5mins until its warmed up a bit, and then is completely gone with no trace of oil being burnt. Any idea of whats going on? valve stems? piston rings? any help appreciated.
until the engine heats up, the clearances are all large / wrong
could be a number of things..
the valve stem seals is 1 that springs to mind, from sitting, as the oil leaks down past the seal.

Yep valve stem seals and even with the correct tooling to replace them it is much less effort to either remove the engine from the car or take the heads off. A good excuse for some cams with big hairy nuts