Can't wait to max it out....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

M.Rad.

had to back off at 130mph on Sat. Running outa room but still going faster, FASTER! What's top end on a '97 anyway?

Regards,
M.R.

hey I'm close to you, I live in Killeen, anyway, on my 92 I had it at 140, and she felt like she was going to keep going, but I backed off. I've heard 150 mph, I dunno how true it is, but I can confirm 140

It's a 97 SC400. 90k mi, everything works, but needs rear struts (on order). It's really my wife's car (don't tell her I drove it so fast). We have only had the car for about three weeks.
So far I have changed the oil and filter, plugs, diff. fluid, and re-sealed the lower oil pan. I like working on the car, everything is well laid out and logical. The rear struts look like they will take no time at all to replace! Very easy access from the trunk.
I'm hoping it will be reliable, since I have three BMWs that take up all my time as it is! It seems kind of soft / cushy (not that this is a bad thing), I just like my cars to have a slightly harder edge ( although I do like the punch off the line!). Good brakes, and the V8 makes all the good sounds.

Let's see how the Japanese approach works out.

Regards,
M.R.

You can go up to 140 mph with stock suspension safely. If you have an aftermarket lowered spring or coilover, 150 mph is no sweat. The stiffer spring rate and good struts will make a huge difference in stabilizing the car at high speed, especially over small dips or bumps on the highway. The KYB GR-2 is a good replacement for struts. Tokico is even better. Make sure you replace both sides, or complete front & rear.

I've gone 153mph in a stock SC, or atleast that's what my needle was reading! Stock wheels, and tire size. Not too safe feeling- I was loaded down with 'gear'. Might have gotten just a tiny ticket for that.