can i strip and clean my idle control valve?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

its a 1995 model one...it don't seem to be like the up to 95 ones, as in has 3 small screws holding the motor assembly onto body..(as shown here. http://www.planetsoarer.com/IAC/iac.htm)

i cant see a way of striping it down..(no 3 screws, just checked again,)

now i dont wish to completly remove it (what with there being coolent pipes attached,ht leads in the way etc)..mainly as its sub zero here at the moment and well i want an easy fix for the time being...no garage,work on car in the road..too cold!!

so has anyone stripped one? if so how please..?

or worse case is the upto 95 valve compatable, (as i have one i can rebuild).i expect they are not as most bitys 2nd gen 1uz seem to be different to 1st gen..

its a 1995 model one...it don't seem to be like the up to 95 ones, as in has 3 small screws holding the motor assembly onto body..(as shown here. http://www.planetsoarer.com/IAC/iac.htm)

i cant see a way of striping it down..(no 3 screws, just checked again,)

now i dont wish to completly remove it (what with there being coolent pipes attached,ht leads in the way etc)..mainly as its sub zero here at the moment and well i want an easy fix for the time being...no garage,work on car in the road..too cold!!

so has anyone stripped one? if so how please..?

or worse case is the upto 95 valve compatable, (as i have one i can rebuild).i expect they are not as most bitys 2nd gen 1uz seem to be different to 1st gen..

No. The -20 is not rebuildable. The -10 shown in the article is.

I would re-wire the IACV to the original factory way and fit the early IACV.

The ECU should set the idle by itself after a bit of running.

They wind themselves shut when the they're first plugged in. Probably to give the ECU a base popint from which to sort out the idle.

They wind themselves shut when the they're first plugged in. Probably to give the ECU a base popint from which to sort out the idle.

ahhhh, so maybe i had it right after all,however itdidnt move off shut...hmmm

It takes a while for the ECU and all the sensors to communicate and get things right.

Attachments

• Copy of 021709 043.jpg
    Copy of 021709 043.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 22