Cams

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think before anyone gets too carried away slagging manufacturers they need to produce some evidence the product is as bad as they say.

I would be particularly careful if I was in the same country as the company I was deriding as you just may end up in a law suit.

I don't have any connection with any company making auto parts but I suspect some of those guys keep an eye on the Forums and it wouldn't take much to make your life a misery.

Please take this as a gentle and polite warning.

This Forum can also find itself in trouble where the truth is treated in a cavellier manner.

By all means if you have proof produce it.

Rod,
Fair point, it is easy to get carried away.Two of the shops I am refering to have been around for many years and have very good reputations,but the comments from are from their dealings not mine.The cams they had problems with where not 1uzfe cams.My cams turned up on time ,to my specs. correct base dia.and at a price that was fair.I would buy another set tomorrow if I needed.

We cant sue here like in the US...

To give you an example of the kind of talent I was dealing with at Kelfords, they didnt know the difference between a silver and black top 20V 4age motor when I went in with Toda cams for them to profile. Basically they have a pretty crap reputation when dealing with local's. I believe most any grinder can get you the specs you want, but in a cam grinder you expect some knowledge about what way to attack the cam based on expectations, they have no clue. They just want to punch out hundreds of cams for popular US markets. I gave them a cam off a Euro car of mine for a performance grind, they kept it a month and returned it saying they didnt know what to do with it... doesnt exactly install confidence. We shouldnt be paying for just the grinding, but the R&D behind the cam they suggest and grind. Kelfords fail in this respect. I have heard several horror stories from others with mechanical failure, but I cant speak of that directly since it wasnt me.

e-solver,

Considering no one else has invested the funds to cast blanks for the 1UZ I would think they are interested in hanging around a long time to get their money back.

Can anyone give us an example of a dud 1UZ cam?

Or are we playing the old fear ands BS game?

David - I am still willing to use my Sc400 as a tester for the cams...Let me know if your still interested...That will give you dyno results for the product as well.....Just hope they are made of good quality...

jibby,
does this mean you are not going to turbo then?
also, check your p.m. por favor

David - I am still willing to use my Sc400 as a tester for the cams...Let me know if your still interested...That will give you dyno results for the product as well.....Just hope they are made of good quality...

WD- I don't know what I am doing with this SC of mine...However, I am always looking to gain more power like everyone else on this forum... Just it's hard for me to dish out the cash for a turbo setup that will produce the same speed results as the Nos system I am running with now...I know I am always looking for more N/A power though....Cams sound very good to me right now...

An LS1 engine swap in my SC is still a very strong possibility if I can get the work area and time to work on that kind of engine car swap....That would be a really fun and challenging project that I am fairly confident I can do myself...A Turbo build I do not think I can do myself..End of story..

honestly i think a turbo set-up is much less complicated than an ls1 coversion along with less cost. I am only saying that aftermarket cams are not appropiate for fi because of more overlap so i wouldn't want you to waste money if your end goal was turbo. However, the turbo set-up cost depends on alot of things. As far as materials and turbo's i think you could get away with around $2k. I don't if Lextreme's offer was free labor or what, but if so that makes the most expensive part of turboing process disappear. Then add for engine management and tuning. Low budget you could probably go for a piggyback and really tuning good shop to install and tune and run low boost say, 7-8 psi, so 3-4k total. i think an ls1 swap is going to take alot longer, be more difficult, and cost more than that. But hey, if cams sound good to you, that would be awesome too, then you would really see the benefit of your safc, hence you didn't gain much tuning b/c your engine is mostly stock, nothing to tune for.

WD - I think we are hijacking this thread...Let's just say I like a challenge and would like to try something no one has ever tried yet...I also am in love with big reliable N/A power.......

I know the exact specs i want Errol and both Tighr and kelford do close enough......seems the feedback is about quality?

I have used both Waggot and Tighe before but both long long ago. Had good success with Wade cams as well.

Who will you be using Errol?
ive had 3 sets of cams reground, granted not for thhis application, all were for nissan vg30/33. i used schneider cams, they kept the same base circles and will grind to your specs, or have specs avalible for many different applications, good people, very affordable, and fast,
give them a call, they have more applications then they list on thier website.
http://www.schneidercams.com/

Thanks Lextreme, I was always under the impression the GS had the 2UZ, I learned something on my first day with this forum. Thanks. Are there any or plans for any cams for the GS VVTi 1UZ?

hey? as in billets or regrinds?

perhaps not billets, but theres plenty of vvti profiles to choose from...

JBrady,

Stock Cam Specs:
Lift: .300"
Duration: 238 degree @ .015"
Lobe separation: 110 degree

Stage 1 Cam Specs:
Lift: .345"
Duration: 252 degree @ .015"
Lobe separation: 110 degree

Result:
Lift: .045" (16.67% increase)
Duration: 14 degree (5.88% increase)

Wayne,

Those cams are for non-vvti 1uzfe.

Dave, where did you aquire these spec's from and what gains are to be expected with these spec's? Is this a mild, medium or aggressive cam lift...

Would this be a good cam for my ride?

I am curious if you can switch to 3uz-fe cams for the 1 uz-fe for a bit hotter camshaft--I was thinking this with a supercharger--what do you guys think? I am going to do some more reading before I do anything--just an idea-