Am I forgeting any mods anyone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you do! That is the hard part, drive shaft, exhaust, and brake tension lines need to be removed also. It's work. It's doable if you have a full day, transmittion jack and some good tall jack stands.

Headers Anyone?

I woke up this morning and said it is time-

Alright guys I did the research and I have decided to install a set of awesome headers on my 1992 sc400. I am still not convinced I will not lose low end torque, but I am going for it a anyway if I can find a set?! I hear it is about a 5 hour job to install. The company I thought that was manufacturing them in Arizona discontinued last month because of lack of interest. Most disturbing!

So now I am starting at square one, now can any one of you great lexus owners tell me where I can buy a high quality set of headers not junk for my sc400? Maybe wrapped, stainless steel, etc... I have a California car. I searched the forums and could not find a store that sells, just alot of custom jobs. HELP ME OBEY 1 CONOBI YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE? I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ADDITION, PAYPAL READY, MASTERCARD, VISA READY - I feel the need for speed!!!!!! - They say if your not living on the edge your taking up too much room. They also say people who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger. They also say I better go before I get kicked off these forums!

Headers Anyone?

I woke up this morning and said it is time-

Alright guys I did the research and I have decided to install a set of awesome headers on my 1992 sc400. I am still not convinced I will not lose low end torque, but I am going for it a anyway if I can find a set?! I hear it is about a 5 hour job to install. The company I thought that was making them in Arizona discontinued because of lack of interest. So I am starting at square one, now can any one of you great lexus owners tell me where I can buy a high quality set of headers not junk for the sc400? maybe wrapped, stainless steel, etc... I have a California car. I searched the forums and could not find a store that sells, just alot of custom jobs. HELP ME OBEY 1 CONOBI YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE? I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ADDITION, PAYPAL READY, MASTERCARD, VISA READY - I feel the need for speed!!!!!! - They say if your not living on the edge your taking up too much room. They also say people who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger. They also say I better go before I get kicked off these forums!

Headers are Found!!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you S@S headers us it!!!!!!!! I just bought a pair for a little over $600. Show me the power. Thanks again.

Will do. If you guys want a laugh check out club lexus forums and the posts for "jibbby" I started a war I don't think I can when. Crazy stuff! Some of my claims are exaggerated but most are true fact.

Most, I will dyno at 300hp that is fact without nos or very close too. Definetely 450hp with nos that is true fact. I don't want to start a war on this forum, so let's just say my car is nice and fast for a stock motor that is all.

Attachments

• filter 001.jpg
    filter 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2
  • filter 002.jpg
    filter 002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2
  • filter 007.jpg
    filter 007.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • filter 008.jpg
    filter 008.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
Stock sc400 I believe is 4.27 it was a typo error on my part, the stick shift 300sc differential has a 3.07 and when installed in the sc400 it gives you faster 0-60 times but you lose your top speed and your speedo is off about 10mph. Quicker starts.

Jibby your ideas on gearing are all backwards.
A numerically lower gear ratio is in fact a taller ratio, ie: more top speed and a numerically higher ratio is infact a lower gear ratio.
So when you installed your 3.07 diff you would have reduced your off the line acceleration and gained some top speed not the other way around.
Unless you started with a ratio numerically lower than 3.07 to begin with.
I am finding it increasingly hard to take you seriously when you post like a "douche bag" (Tm Toysrme).
More honest and geniune posts will make more people keen to offer there expert advice.
There are many very knowledgeable people at Lextreme, however if you are not honest and genuine with your posts they will pass you off as a fucktard and not offer their advice.
My personal advice to you is, read more post less.

I forgot the gearing ratio numbers and had to look it up, I did this mod a while back, the stock 4.27 gearing came in the 92 lexus sc400 automatic tranny, the sc300 dif. gearing on a manual transmittion is 4.08. I apologize for the error and I was quick to write that 3.08, my mind was somewhere else, your comments are in line and I was totaly in error. However this thread is accurate, and I am not backwards you are with all due respect. I had to go back and see what I did. Now apply the speed theory as stated above. If I could attach the lexus dif. ratio sheet I have in front of me I would. Yes the top speed is reduced, the speedo is off 10 miles per hour, and the shifts are a bit quicker from start and so are the 0-60 times, the rpms ride a little higher at freeway speeds and the gas mileage is not as good. That is how I can best describe the setup. Disregard my prevoius post as complete garbage. Now double check this info. and you will see that it is correct. I am aware this is a very intelegent forum, I will be very careful in stating future facts. I hope you are satisfied with this post.

What ever just another attitude I see. I am starting to get very bored with some of these remarks of yours. You are far to eager to anger and I suggest perhaps you should seek out anger management counsiling. Lighten up dude, enjoy life, enjoy your lexus and try to be a little kinder to others you will be suprised at how many new freinds you will meet. Do not be so eiger to put people down.

In reply to your question, I did find it, you were the one asking the question not me, and I look forward to some higher quality people on these threads. Have a nice evening.

Attachments

• radiator fit.jpg
    radiator fit.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 71
  • raditor room.jpg
    raditor room.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 61
Yes yes Jibby, what ever you reckon.
Now go find some Honda boys to street race with and brag about your super dooper SC400.
Unfortunately for you Jibby, respect on internet forums is not as easily gained as admiration from 12 year olds from doing burnouts.
I personally have great admiration and respect for 99% of the members here and unfortunately Jibby you are a member of the other 1%.
Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh Jibby, but reality sometimes is.

Status
Not open for further replies.