Alternator output

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

I've finished an MS3 instal and whilst driving I'm watching the dash and ecu gauges extra carefully to make sure everything is operating safely.

One thing I've noticed is the voltage output of the alternator will start at 14.2v just after the first start of the day, and as I drive the voltage drops to as low as 13.2v and up to 13.7v no matter what the driving conditions. I don't think this is normal. Shouldn't it remain around the 14.2v starting figure?

I've never noticed the voltage being this low before the ecu change.

Sounds very healthy to me.
If the battery is topped up, 13.2 suffices to keep it topped.

Seems like you have a pretty good regulator.

Also noticed that. Don't know if the voltage drop over time is normal, but it's been with my conversion since the very start for over a year, and it doesn't seem to further fade. btw, 1JZ's alternator did the same

Very normal, charge voltage is dependant on the load demanded from the alternator. To replenish after the starter load draw it charges higher rate then tapers off as the battery is charged

Well there you go. Since I first did the conversion 5 years ago, I'm sure the volt meter always sat around the the 14v. Perhaps I'm just watching and noticing things more now the new ecu is in.

Thanks for the replys.