All Toyota V8 Guru's I have a question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

makaveli200369

Out of the 1UZ 2UZ 3UZ which heads flow the best?

Are all these heads interchangable between all blocks?

Between the 1UZ and 3UZ is the 1UZ block stronger/beefer?

Finally what year 1UZ or 3UZ did they start using coil on plug ignitions

I noticed the current Lexus GS430 makes more HP and Torque then the 2UZ granted its not low end grunt..but its strange that it is smaller and produces a higher peak torque.

Thank you for any information on this.

its not stange that the GS430 makes more torque higher up, because the cam timing and lift etc determine torque as much as stroke does. not to mention the GS is probly newer and thus has a better flowing intake that makes more torque and HP.

i'm not sure which heads flow the best. Although, the 1st gen 1uz heads don't flow so well and and the 98up 1uz and 3uz and all 2uz seem to share a newer similiar design which flows much better. I wouldn't interchange the heads because each engine and generation has the pistons designed for that combustion chamber so i'd get the engine you want and stick with it. It really depends if you are going fi or what your looking for. Stock the 90-94 1uz dyno's around 180rwhp, the 95-97 200rwhp, the pre vvti (2005) 2uz 200rwhp, and the 98+ 1uz (that's also when they got cop) dyno around 230-240hp, and the 3uz about the same. Although the 4.3 might have some more torque under the curve from what i've read, people feel the gs400 is a bit faster than the gs430. The vvt-i engines have weaker rods so if you fi you'll have to go forged and as of now, i don't know of aftermarket cams for the vvt-i engines. Although, look the anderson performance sc430 which they made monster power out of so they figured some way around that.

Im probably going to go with a 3uZ and built it completely. What is everyone that is swapping this motor into different cars doing about smog? How are you passing smog as well as visual? Thanks