Air Bag Light

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mr Sinister

Hi,

After having an alarm installed in my 91 LS400 the airbag light in the instrument panel is constantly on. Does anyone know how to reset this??
I remember reading somewhere that there is a way to reset it by bridging something in the engine bay.

Thanks in advance

I have tried that too, but did not work. I noticed every time i take out my instrutment cluster, the air bag light comes on. Tried the method few times and did not get any result. I take my car to a local body shop where they have a small airbag reset unit. Cost to me is $20 USD. That is the only way i know off. Since there arent alot of LS400 NZ, u might have a hard time finding one. Possible ebay for used unit.

xirforever says,

I have had the same problem in my car, although the problem was very simple to fix. I took my car to a lexus dealer and they came out 45 mins later and said my airbag was fine, so they reset the computer (im assuming disconnecting battery for a period of time). They said the problem could have been caused by connecting the battery in the wrong order. So maybe the person who installed your alarm reconnected your battery in the wrong order, try disconnecting it for about 15 mins I guess. And reconnect it, positive first, then negative.

Hope it works,
Nick

Here's how to turn it off

For some reason when you disconnect the instrument cluster without disconnecting the batter first, the air bag light stays on. There is nothing wrong with your air bag system. The light goes on, stays on, and that's that. Basically the computer realizes there has been a change in the system...cluster removed...it spits out this code. Anyway, it is technically called code 41. This code cannot be cleared as simply as resetting the ECU (ie. disconnecting the battery for a period of time) as you have all realized. In fact, I believe this is the only code that cannot be cleared by resetting the ECU. I tried that too and it obviously didn't work. So I looked through my repair manual and found the solution, it is there but you need to look hard!

Here is the solution: http://www.lexls.com/airbaglight.html

Earl!,

Thanks for the article.. i understand exactly what u r talking about now... everytime i take out my cluster.. the airbag light comes on.... i can make a TC and AB wires with two contact switches and split off from the ground. I can push two bottom alternating between TC switch and AB switch.... Its perfect way to control timing.

I will post some pics.... soon.....

Making a little switch for this procedure would make it even easier. I know what you're thinking of doing and it's a really good idea. Let us know if it works.

Got a momentary switch along with a lighter plug from a cell phone charger. The Momentary Switch (MS) has three pins. One from ground and two to axularies. The switch is in the center and is in off position. Switch it to the left, the ground will go to the left wire and switch to right, the ground will go to the right. The wires will be plug into the engine OBDI plug.

Actually i was searching for some type of relay or signal relay that will blink and alternate the ground. I am still searching.... If possible.. it will automatic reset by it self...... without manually push the bottoms... I am also looking for an OBDI plug. So i can just plug right into the OBDI socket.

See pictures below....

I am a new Lexus owner (1992 SC400) with and airbag light that stays on. I see posts that suggest that the reset procedure is specific for a given model... Is there a specific way to turn it off on the SC 400?

I am going to try the battery disconnect, because I know that the car got a new battery on the used car lot when I bought it, and it is unlikely that they knew to connect the positive terminal first.

Thanks everybody!

Steve

SC400 airbag light on

I am a new Lexus owner (1992 SC400) with and airbag light that stays on. I see posts that suggest that the reset procedure is specific for a given model... Is there a specific way to turn it off on the SC 400?

I am going to try the battery disconnect, because I know that the car got a new battery on the used car lot when I bought it, and it is unlikely that they knew to connect the positive terminal first.

Thanks everybody!

Steve

hey i removed my cluster and my air bag light stays on, but my fuel guage is not right, what do i need to do, and am i suppossed to connect the negative or positive cable to my battery first?