a341 lock up solenoid

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jmswltn

i am building a manual shifter for my 341 and was wondering will it harm anything to activate the lock up manually by supplying full 12v/ground to the solenoid instead of the pwm it would normally receive?

i know all the solenoids share the same coil resistance this leads me to believe they share the same electrical properties

I have some. Most of my customers(if choosing auto) want full auto so have wired up the odd stock ECU. Setting up a optishift at the moment but thats not on a 1uz.

I've fixed a couple that people have tried to. The biggest mistake is not matching the signals correct. Some of these signals have been from internal trigger wheels inside the trans or guys have tried to fit a three solenoid TCM to a four solenoid trans or vice versa. Another is getting a matching TPS signal. Toyota have a real lazy TPS signal which often doesn't hit 100%. This can cause issues when the TCM needs to see 100% TPS (or very close to it) to ensure correct kickdown. Most of the time as I am charging people to fix them it is cheaper to throw away what they have started with and start with the correct parts.

im still having trouble figuring if i am at the best of my mileage maxing at about 12.2 mpg or 19.28 l/100k mixed.

i dont want to spend the money on new caps, rotor, and wires if its not going to make a difference. and you cant exactly sell used tune up parts
the motor is rock solid and has no shutter with good compression.

it does have a noticeable waiver in afr at cruise going back and forth 14-14.9:1

i want to go cop/wasted spark with megasquirt but dont have the $650 to upgrade the squirt and purchase the coils

How is your auto presently being controled? this can have a big impact on fuel economy.

If using a megasquirt 1 the fuel economy will always be a bit higher. Have you got your injector cut on decel operational? Getting the tune sorted with optimised timing is very important and can take quite a bit of time.

Factory ecm still. No kick down switch hooked up.

Sometimes I'll get long periods between shifts in normal mode
Power mode is pretty good.

Also when cold it hangs in gear till I goose the throttle than it switches

It really feels like I have to give it more throttle than you would think being a v8
Fully adjusted I cruise at almost third throttle

Thats what the factory ECT is like. Pretty lazy. I use power mode all the time. Generally with an aftermarket ECU over the top the engines make a little more power and the transmission work better. Kick down switch makes a difference on most we have done. It not only kicks down better it also seems to hold the gear longer when fully up it. If you have ever monitored the TPS signal on a Toyota you will normally find they don't span all the way to 100%. This has an effect on the ECT shift. Another option is to modify the speed sensor signal so the ECT thinks it is going slower. Then it will hold the gears longer , increasing revs and decreasing load which the engines seem to enjoy.