98 v8 extra cab lux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Pic of the engine bay... a bit of a dogs breakfast really

Hi lads.
FYI: Heres a pic of my ute engine bay before it went to get painted - just thought you might like to see it - don't worry it has been prettied up substantially since then!

Muzz

well finnally got permission in principal for conversion, off to see the engineer wednesday, so if anyone in perth wants to av a squiz at it tues afternoon or eve give me a buzz ,Russ on 040 929 3180, had to put stock wheels back on so it doesnt look as good as the pics I posted but the motors the bit we all want to look at.

went to engineer today and passed with flying colours, will be fully reg when I get the papers and go for pit inspection, got 13l per 100k driving it hard with the old motor and box in the tray, sold old motor/box for $1000 so even after engineering conversion cost less than $1800, talk about value for money!!!

What did you guys do with the bigass engine bay fuse box that the crown front cut came with? i take it your running the standard ECU?

didnt use it, used existing relays as mine was efi allready, I did have to ad relay to invert fuel pump control as mine was opposite and added another for main relay I think, do a search there is a great set of drawing by Kdog it shows exactly what you need to hook up

was your front cut a crown or celsior? i hear the celsior only runs 1 computer where the crown has 3? where can i find Kdogs informative wiring?

Truck builder,

The Crown runs 2 modules. One for the engine and one for the trans.

The SC400 actually uses 3. One for the engine/trans combined. 1 for the hydraulic cooling fan and a fuel pump ECU. The last one is located in the rear half of the car so you never hear of it as most people don't ever see the rear of an SC400 as they buy half cuts.

The LS400 uses 2 modules. A combined engine/trans and a fuel pump ECU.

Attachments

• ACharness.jpg
    ACharness.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 120
mine was the crown cut with 2 ecu's, using those wiring diags you can get it running in less than a day ,they are spot on, thanks Kdog your a champ... this is whats left of all the wiring ready to instal in car

any of you guys had probs with gbox downshifting too early and clunking? mines drivin me nuts, maybe its speed sensor not giving true speed to ecu?

Hiluxmad,

if you're using an early (twin ECU/ECT) Crown engine you can toss the ECT and you don't have to fool the ECU into thinking the Auto is still there.

If you run an LS400, SC400 or late (combined ECU/ECT) Crown yes you need to fool it.

What are you running.

I have a 90% finished article on wiring the Crown without the auto. It is a step by step wire by wire description of how it's done. Once it's finished I will ask KDog to read it and make any corrections he sees necessary then we'll post it as a Tech article. This should make it a lot easier.

The article isn't specific to any car.

You will need the chassis wiring diagram for your car so you can identify the differnet wires you're getting power from and sending signals back to but the discription will suit anything.

One day we (the article involves the efforts of quite a few people so please don't regard it as all my work) will finish the article and post it in the technical section.

Dave,

I'll send it on Monday as it's on my work PC. I don't do too much work now. I spend 3-4 hours a day on the Net. Beats working.

I can't PM it as it's too big.

PM or email me you email adddress and I'll send it along.

Feel free to ask any questions. Everytime I need to answer a question I also learn a little. 12 months ago I got my engine to run. 14 months ago I had no idea how to do it. This Site gave me everything I needed.

If I don't feel real sure of an answer I'll tell you so.