96 ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

wade_in_alabama

Hi all!!!!!! I have this LS400 96 model that I want to give to my daughter, BUT, I cannot figure out what the hell is happening with it. New battery, alternator, just had about $1000 worth of work done on front end. Rides great and runs decent, but needs to be jumped all of the time as if the battery were dead. Hook it up to my truck and turns right over and starts up. While running, I disconnect the cable on the battery and the car stays running, no problems there. I am thinking the ignition or a short somewhere. How do I find that?? Its lookin more and more like this car needs traded in, but we dont want to be financing a car right now. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Wade

Hi all!!!!!! I have this LS400 96 model that I want to give to my daughter, BUT, I cannot figure out what the hell is happening with it. New battery, alternator, just had about $1000 worth of work done on front end. Rides great and runs decent, but needs to be jumped all of the time as if the battery were dead. Hook it up to my truck and turns right over and starts up. While running, I disconnect the cable on the battery and the car stays running, no problems there. I am thinking the ignition or a short somewhere. How do I find that?? Its lookin more and more like this car needs traded in, but we dont want to be financing a car right now. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Wade

I would look around and make sure all of your grounds are secure. Also, and this could be a long shot, it could be that you just got a bad battery. I had a similar problem with mine, and replaced the battery and fixed the issue. I would take it down to your local auto parts store and have them test it. It only take a minute and its free, so its worth a shot. If the car stays running once its jumped, then it most likely isn't the alternator. My guess would either be a loose ground/bad connection to the battery, or that the battery is no good. If not, at least you can eliminate that and move on to the next possibility.