4.3 or 4.7 motor into mk3 supra.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

alpinesupra

has anyone put the 4.3l 3u or 4.7 2u motors into a mk3 supra??
ive seen plenty of the 4.0 1u motors with 2 or 3u heads but what about the bottom ends of these motors??
thanks
-sean

Welcome to this forum Alpine. I think the 2uzfe might not clear the hood. Otherwise, they all physically fit. I think price is the determination of which engine most people used. 2 and 3UZ are alot more expensive then 1uzfe. I think the cheapest way to get more cubic is to mix and match the short block. You can run a 4.0, 4.3 or 4.7 block with 1UZFE heads and uppers.

Sean,

Personally, I would find the 98-00 1uz VVT-I engine. You get the better head design and don't have to pay for the premium of the 3uz engine.

I think you need to consider future power output when selecting the engine also. 2uz is cast iron 2 bolt main while the 1uz and 3uz are aluminum block (with 6 bolt mains). So, you can either sleeve your 1uz for the larger bore, thus keeping the lighter block. Or stick with the 4.7l and upgrade the main caps in the 2uz.

Rods are weak in the 98 and newer motors, so plan on building one if you want any sort of power.

From looking at the blocks, I'm pretty sure all of the blocks are strong enough to run 1,000hp with the correct supporting mods. However, I'm not sure how many have proven this.

-Brad

well first im gonna build my 7m motor for 700hp in the supra ive got now and then the 2nd mk3 im gonna get is gonna get the lex v8 with a custom tt setup maybe pushing 8-900hp ish (we'll see).
now i know from doing some reading that the older (late 80's early 90's) 1u motors came with forged internals and the heads sucked so many people upgraded to the 2u or 3u heads, because they were easier to port and build, am i correct in this???
here's what i want to do, 4.3 3u motor with built low comp internals, good sized cams, ported built heads, twin 57's, and everything else needed to suport.
ive been working out the plans for the moment and have been baseing everything off of watching the 96-04 mustang cobras esspecially the 03-04 cobras which are superchanrged.
from what i can tell their dohc motors have pretty much the same layout as the lex dohc motors, nothing bolt on or fittable of course just looks and design pretty much.
input please.
thanks
-sean