2UZFE Billet Drag Racing Block

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
This is a solid block. Use mainly for short burst like drag. It has NO water passages. Solid block is very strong but can not desipate heat.

Perhaps the "Aero Lexus" will become as famous as the Kieth Black big block!

Cool as project.

This is the sort of dedication that earns you the wins at the races.

Hats off to them.

is any credit being given to sainty here??? we were talking with terry/stan well back before the nationals about a block they were planning for "a mazda" and the boys from rockhampton aslo made similar noises. from your page above, looks like you managed to get it all done in house... so wtf is terry/stan talking about?

interesting lex how the 2uz detonated despite the mains mods (though i dont see any reports on here to mention the failures) and the difference in outright power production between a grouted 1uz alloy block and the super iron block melted down to SFA re final ETs?

That is one piece of art. Great job Paul... Man of the Year 2008? Paul and I talk alot for the past year or so. He had a hard time with the iron block. I think he was making 1,200 to 1,400 hp before the block gave away. Now this block means business.

well the rockhampton boys (last i saw) are putting away 7.6s in the same category (vs, Aero's 8.0) with 0.7L less capacity and a stock, but grouted, 1uz alloy block

actually, i stand corrected, 7.55 and took the win at the wsid summernats in sc outlaws

1uz_supercharger_outlaws_0017.jpg

Billet block

The Rockhampton boys are mates of mine and I take my hat off to them with their 4.0 ally block combo. I was there at the Summernationals and have the run on video. Remember they have being doing this for five years or more (and destroyed a lot of blocks in the process) and coming up into the tuning window on blown alky engines takes a while. They went 2 tenths faster just by one simple change - timing at that meeting. They are quick to remind me that they have 110 runs on this current block - good on them.
We have four full runs on ours. They have destroyed blocks in fewer runs in the past. Running safe and rich sometimes hurts parts in the beginning, but throwing rods out if you are too lean does more damage.
We chose more cubes just because we can :) We will take ours to 300 cubes with a stroker crank after a couple of seasons.
We talked to Terry Sainty about the process of making a block. His early engines were three piece with removable cylinder banks, but his new design was one piece. He was just waiting for the chunks of ally which were hard to get into Australia.

Regards PC

So, does this show that the stock 2jz iron block can handle more hp than the 2uz iron block. I know 2jz's make that power and more without having to make a billet block.

iron blocks

There is a huge difference between turbo horsepower, and supercharged horsepower when speaking about the block.
There is a turbo 2UZFE iron block in the US that goes 6.8 with 1,800hp using a four bolt main conversion and a brace with no damage.
We have a turbo 2JZ iron block here in Oz that has 2,000hp using 4 bolt mains with no damage (on 70 pounds boost!)
But stick a blower on any of these and the story changes radically. The affect of the wide blower belt pulling up on the crank (despite crank braces) and the torque produced tends to stress the block in ways that a turbo does not.
So the question remains - why bother with a blown combo.
Just drive one once and you will change your mind - haha

PC