23250-50010 vs. 23250-50020

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Thanks from one of our members from Australia sent me a set of 23250-50010 injector from the 1UZFE... However, they are from the Crown and the flow rate is 220 cc/min. The us spec 1uzfe is 251 cc/min (23250-50020) I didnt know they were from the crown until i opened up the box.

Here are the comparisons:
Crown:
part #: 23250-50010
Engine: LS400 & Crown 1UZFE
Color: Purple
Connector: Type E
Impedance: high
Flow Rate: 220 cc/min
Inlet Length: .625"
Inlet Diameter: .410"
Outlet Length: .522"
Outlet Diameter: .365"

Lexus:
part #: 23250-50020
Engine: SC400 1UZFE
Color: Dark Green
Connector: Type E
Impedance: high
Flow Rate: 251 cc/min
Inlet Length: .625"
Inlet Diameter: .410"
Outlet Length: ..261"
Outlet Diameter: .365"

The SC400 is about 1/4" shorter. Here are some pictures.

Off the top of my head, i think my injectors are the smaller units.
Mine is a *** spec Soarer 1UZ-FE.
So if this is so, should the US spec units go straight in ?
Would the ECU be able to make full use of the 251cc injectors potential ?

Regards

Stephen

Coffee,

They are direct bolt in fit.

The ECU will learn they are there.

You may find a little more top end but as we both know the cams kill it up there anyway.

Obviously Toyota fitted the 251's for a reason. I just don't know why.

Attachments

• 50mm1.JPG
    50mm1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 72
  • 50mm2.JPG
    50mm2.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 50mm3.JPG
    50mm3.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 57
Zuffen,
I expected they would fit but not 100% sure.
I here peolpe say the ECU is elf learning but what does this exactly mean ?
I don't know what injectors yours runs but mine don't seem to lean out at top end ?
I can't think of why either, is the US spec unit have the same power figures ?

Regards

Stephen

During normal driving, moderate throttle application, the ecu uses info from the exhaust gasses to correct the mixture, constantly.

If the newly replaced higher flow injectors are dumping heaps of gas compared to the old ones, the computer will sense this and make some changes after a couple days of driving. This only works within a fairly narrow range, and is done so to keep the car running tops even if your air filter is dirty, or you ignition is old and a bit weak.

Both my 1990 Crown and 1990 Celsior injectors are the longer blue/purple ones.

Rod, that ecu I bought off you, what motor did it come off? What injectors did it have?

I had no idea the injectors were different between the ls400 and sc400. I bought an ls400 engine, japan import with the wire harness cut(cheap&low miles). Got a complete wiring harness and ECU from an sc400 that I plan on using for the engine..... So if im hearing this right my ECU(sc400) will be thinking that it has the 251cc/min injectors on it, but the engine has the 220cc/min injectors. You guys are saying the computer will interpret this difference and reprogram itself accordingly? and by reprograming itself, that means you can take the power off the ECU and put it back on and it will still have those settings, or while it go back to stock? What kind of horsepower differences does that give you? fuel consumption? insignificant?? Should I even be worrying about this or should I just get the 251injectors and stick them in there.

I'd run it as you have it and see how it goes.

The ECU should re-learn and adjust itself (most likely retard the timing a tad) so you will be down a few HP.

I ran a Soarer/SC400 ecu with the smaller injectors for a while.
But I also increased the fuel pressure to around 52psi from memory to bump the stock injectors up from 220cc to 251cc.
There are calculators around the web to determine what it needs to be.

This was only a temporary measure as I sourced a set of 251cc injectors within a few months.