2007 5.7 Tundra Motor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Man you guys can get 3 used LS1 engines for the price of one of these new 5.7 tundra motors..

I dought the 5.7 tundra motor will out perform the LS1 motor...

I hate to keep bringing up the LS1 motors in comparison but they are best performing 5.7 motor for the money..

Thanks for the reply ... I usually get 25% off at my local dealer, so that is why I asked ... it looks as if the short block is $5600 or so

Sorry 2uzgte, I have been busy at work. I do not know the list price, for I am used to getting many of the Toyota parts at a discount price.

If we all wanted best bang/buck, we'd buy a 500ci caddy motor out of a junk late 60's - early 70's car ($250) swap in a better cam ($100), and have 500 HP. But bank/buck isn't the only consideration, especially for a V8 swap into a Supra. The Toyota motors have plenty of HP potential, they drop in with factory oil pans (LS1 does not), there are adapters to use the existing Supra 6 speed (LS1 does not), and last but not least, they are Toyota engines. I will admit I am biased, and I will not use a non-Toyota motor in my Toyota/Lexus cars. Save the LS1's for the RX7's :)

Turbs, A 500CI older caddy motor would be a big iron block heavy beast that would weigh down the front end of most swaps beyond driveability. Not so sure that motor would even be able to fit in the engine bay... Not really a swapable motor for most applications...

Good point on all the adaptor parts for the LS1.. So then spend the 10 grand and get a new 5.7 tundra motor...

I would first try to get a used 4.7 tundra block motor and bust out the drill press and bore it to a 5.7 and then go from there...Get some nice flowing heads, and then save some cash for some other mods..With that you get pretty much the same motor...

We are missing the other choice: wait for some new tundras to be totalled, and pull the engine. I am sticking with a 1UZ & 2UZ mainly because I already have them.