1uzquadcam.co.nz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

autronic

Does any of our Auckland members know if 1uzquadcam.co.nz is still in business ?
The New Zealand dollar have dropped like a stone against the Norwegian krona and
I'm ready to buy a couple of they're ITB intakes but the web page is down.

Anybody know anything ?

Edit: you can see an archive of this site here

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd need some serious engine mangement to get it running and the benefits you get from ITB's such as sharer throttle response would be mostly lost through an auto transmission.

Chaps,

I'm 95% finished with a set of manifolds from Tony and Damian, running 2 rows of 4age throttle bodies, zero-backlash couplings ($$$ but look awesome linking the individual throttle shafts between the bodies). Going into my early 1UZFE-powered AC Cobra (5-speed W55, supra suspension front and rear, see pics under 'Rides'). Also installing a set of mild stage 1 rally cams to perk things up. Expect 350+rwhp which should wake up the wee roller skate (950kg dry). 8^)

I'm running a Microtech ECU and handset. Plenty of tuning potential built into the ECU to handle the demands of this non-stock setup.

Gaz.

W55. Nup. The cobra is so light that the 'box is sweet after 20,000km of fairly hard driving and 'occasional' (closed private roads, officer) nasty burnouts.

It might be a different story once we upgrade to the ITBs and nastier cams. Time will tell. The 'boxes are cheap enough, though, around $300 here if you know where to get them. Might end up with the beafier Supra 6-speed or a tremec. Who knows. If it ain;t breaking, don't fix it.

W55/W58 slightly different ratios but still a fairly strong item as long as you don't go stupid. A number of locals are running these gearboxes in their touring cars n the track without any drama.