1uzfe vvti in a 91 ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dustin808

Hi. I am kinda new to the Lexus v8. I was wondering if any body knew of what I needed to put a 4.0 vvti motor into a 91 ls400. I just want to know what I would need ... And if there is a way to use the transmission... Any help please

Hi. I am kinda new to the Lexus v8. I was wondering if any body knew of what I needed to put a 4.0 vvti motor into a 91 ls400. I just want to know what I would need ... And if there is a way to use the transmission... Any help please

I'm thinking to do the same, but prolly a huge job. Full engine, trans and engine/trans wiring harness I'm thinking. the 4 speed is lame, so if you are going through all the trouble, may as well do the 5 speed too...

To my knowledge the VVTi ECU won't control the 4 speed, you would be far better off fitting the 5 speed that goes with it. (I have this problem in reverse, my 4x4 system will cost a small fortune to mount to the 5 speed, so I need to use the existing 4 speed and an aftermarked transmission control).

I'm not sure how well early LS400s hold their value in Hawaii, but here in the UK this conversion would be disproportionaly expensive for the value of the vehicle, unless it had some sentimental value!

Ok thank you.... Well there alright in price. Mine shifts fine... But I was just wondering about using the trans... So if I use existing trans how hard would it be to put the newer 4.0 in it.... I have the engine from my uncle's salvage yard and I was wondering if it was done before... To be exact it's a 2000 4.0 from a gs400

If I was doing this job I would fit the complete VVti engine , trans , main ecu, shifter unit, shift lock ecu and loom. The VVti will fit where the early engine fits but watch things like the cooling fan systems which can be different between markets/models. there are a few other small difference but nothing major. If using the 4 speed you could leave the stock ECU in there to control that and wire the VVti engine ecu in for the engine control if you wanted to keep the cost down.