1uzfe starts then stalls. Engine conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

josh

HI,

Have been looking for the last two weeks for a solution for this problem, Have a 1uzfe from a sc400 that i've put into a nissan ute. Am running completely stock ect and loom, just powered up the wires needed.

The motor fires up, then dies within a sec of running. For that second it runs very rich, maybe just starting on the cold start injector, The injectors are getting a good 2-3 pulses then stop. Any ideas? Have power and signals to everything i can trace off the wiring diagram. Has good spark that keeps sparks aslong as its turning over.

Has a fuel pump run off the power from the key.

Have had this running but now when i want to drive it out of the garage it does this.

thanks for any help

Hayden

I've had a simillar problem in the past.

I traced it to the low speed circuit on the fuel pump.

Try hot wiring the fuel pump (direct from battery to pump will do) and see if it keeps running.

My low speed resistor had died, which meant when it switched from high speed (used when starting) to low speed it lost all power.

As a solution I ran the pump in high speed all the time and it was fine.

One point the cold start injector only functions below freezing from what I understand.

Hi, Am not running the factory relay for fuel pump it is hard wired off the key and there is 12v in the box.

I have a unit to run the fuel pump correctly which would help once the problem is sorted. Maybe you could list the bits you have wired and we maybe able to work out what you could have missed. ECU numbers too. Cheers

when it fires up does it run perfect
check for codes i think i might know the prob
let me know if u get code 12 or 14

if inj are fully open its a fkt ecu
he has wired fpump to be on all the time so doubt its anything to do with fuel
unless he has crushed the return line

another thing to check is yr injecotrs
make sure they are all clicking
u need to tst them without starting enigne
cause engine has sat for a year or 2 the injectors stick shut
so either remove and get them clean or spupply 12vs to them very quickly on and off to get them to wake up

The engine fires the injectors 3 times then wont pulse anymore, will keep sparking but wont keep pulsing the injector. Had the engine running about 3months ago, ran fine, now it wont.

Does anyone know what number pin the check light is?

thanks
Hayden

pin 5 i think is check light
blakc/yell wire

if the injector pulses are stopping then u prob have igniton problem
something is unplugged on the engine

The 1uz in my 37 has just started doing the same thing. Thought it might have been bad fuel so flushed the system and replaced with fresh fuel,fitted new plugs but won't keep running and it was fine last week when i parked it. I disconnected the fuel pump and ran a hose from an lpg bottle into the intake and will keep running on gas so not ignition. Checked power at the injectors and that is no worries as well. Will check for injector pulse tommorow. Dought it is injectors because it was fine last week. Any other ideas???

I have the same problem. Was fine, then started to die while driving, now wont run once started, only for about 2 seconds.
checked codes again and now get 14 (no IGF1 signal to ECM for 8-11 consecutive IGT1 signal) and 78 (fuel pump) , as well as left and right oxy sensor, but it would run with these codes

i think code 14 stops fuel pump? maybe that is where that is from. wont run with fuel pump hardwired either.

I found the problem with mine was i hadn't plugged the coil back in properly when i had the thermostat housing off. Plugged it in and all ok. Funny though when i was running it with the lpg you couldn't tell that it was only running on 4 cyl apart that it wouldn't rev properly but i put that down to the fact i had a hose off the barby bottle running into the throttle body