1UZFE Refuses to idle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mav591

Hi Guys! :)

I need some help please. I Have a problem with my engine idle.
I removed the engine from a Lexus LS400 & transplanted into a project car.
Now the thing refuses to idle at all! I actually blocked off the airflow into the idle control valve & soon realised that was a mistake so i connected a pipe & ran it just inside the throttle body mouth. With this arrangement it starts & will run but at around 2000 RPM (by holding the throttle open by hand). As soon as it drops below about 1600 RPM the engine just stalls straight away. ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROB MAY BE ??????
The engine was running fine in the donor car, I know that because i had been using it for six months prior to the removal. :confused:

Also, the power steering pump started making a hell of a noise as soon as i filled it with fluid & still making that noise now, Again, any ideas???????

By positioning the pipe into the throttle body mouth, you are robbing the IACV of air due to the vacuum created as the throttle opens. Just vent the end of the pipe to atmosphere with a small filter on the end.

Power steering noise is due to air in the pump.
Jack the front wheels of the ground and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock approx 20 times then recheck the fluid level.

1UZFE won't idle

Thanks for the info Bushwhacker.

When you say put a small filter on the end of the pipe, what kind do you mean? is it the type you can put on to the valve cover breather?
because that pipe seems very sensitive to revs if you attempt to cover it partially. I am sure you are correct with your information & just dont want to waste any more money buying the wrong thing!

The power steering thing is a no Brainer & was down to me not bothering to read up on this forum. It is also a bit tricky due to having no exhaust & neighbours being very close. (Thanks once again for your input) I do appreciate it.

Look forward to your reply!

Mav.

Yes, that's what i thought Bushwhacker was on about. that looks ideal (if it works) lol still a bit worried about it revving high whilst free flowing into the control valve. There is no restriction in the air intake hose where the icv pushes on though on the original plumbing. (But it is between the afm & throttle body)

I'l have a look tomorrow. I did have an error code but is was crank angle.

Just wondering now if the electrician wired it up correct. I thought it was going to be almost plug& play!

Hey Guy's.

S O R T E D!!!!!!

loaded a new map on the ECU & also the ICV was probably sticky due to the engine being laid up for a year. I have now run the engine up to temp 4 times & it works! (whether it was the map or a combination of a sticky ICV as well I don't know). But it works as it should & the engine runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks to all that helped me out, & what a great Forum full of good information etc.

Thanks once again,

Mav!!!