1uzfe into mk 6 transit van

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

richiemcs

Can anybody help me with an ecu wiring diagram. My engine is from a 1993 ls 400 and I am keeping the auto box on it. The ecu identification number is 89661 50160 and the pins are 34 22 16 28. Although the engine seems to run ok on the floor I still have a few outstanding wires which I would like to identify and put to good use.

Can anybody help me with an ecu wiring diagram. My engine is from a 1993 ls 400 and I am keeping the auto box on it. The ecu identification number is 89661 50160 and the pins are 34 22 16 28. Although the engine seems to run ok on the floor I still have a few outstanding wires which I would like to identify and put to good use.

What do you want to know?

I've installed the same ecu and engine box combination in a kit car and it all works fine.

If you do a search on my name you will find the pots I've made which should give you all the info you will need to get both engine and box running as they should.

Cheers,

Tony

1uzfe into mk6 transit

Thanks for the reply Tony, I,m not even sure if I have a problem as the engine starts and runs on the floor ok. The two middle plugs on the ecu are as they came from the factory. What gives me concern are the plugs on either end of the ecu which have various wires not connected to anything. I am presuming that they are signal wires for the likes of the o/d kickdown switch etc. There is also a white plug coming from the loom near the ecu and I think this goes down to the selector/inhibitor switch on the transmission. This switch is fed from the ecu by two wires, black and black/white. With the ignition switch on and when working the gearshift I am getting between 5 and 9 volts to the white plug. What I need to find out is does this white plug supply the gearshift position lights on the dash? or can I bin it. Confused?... I am. Rich.

Thanks for the reply Tony, I,m not even sure if I have a problem as the engine starts and runs on the floor ok. The two middle plugs on the ecu are as they came from the factory. What gives me concern are the plugs on either end of the ecu which have various wires not connected to anything. I am presuming that they are signal wires for the likes of the o/d kickdown switch etc. There is also a white plug coming from the loom near the ecu and I think this goes down to the selector/inhibitor switch on the transmission. This switch is fed from the ecu by two wires, black and black/white. With the ignition switch on and when working the gearshift I am getting between 5 and 9 volts to the white plug. What I need to find out is does this white plug supply the gearshift position lights on the dash? or can I bin it. Confused?... I am. Rich.

Hi Rich,

I'm not using the gearshift light positions on the dash and the engine/ gearbox ensemble works fine without.

IIRC the white plug has a feed for the starter solonoid ( thick black wire and the start switch black/ yellow?) and these are the main ones I spliced into on that plug. It also carries other instrument feeds for the dashboard such as temp sender which is useful to use.

Cheers,

Tony

1uzfe into mk 6 transit

Many thanks Tony. Today I compared the pin numbers and wire colours on ecu plug B with the information that you posted covering the feeds for overdrive/kickdown etc, they all match so that's them sorted.
Also from plug B is a black/orange and a black/yellow which are thicker than the others, are these excitation feeds for the efi and fuel pump relays, as the only way I could get the fuel pump to run was to temporarily splice the green wire into the red/ black supply feed which, as you know runs the pump at full speed. Any other tech info would be appreciated.
Cheers, Rich.

Hi Rich,

Pm me your email address and I'll drop you some wiring diagrams that should make your life a bit easier although you seem to have most things covered already.

In common with most other engine tranplanters I've dumped the two speed fuel pump option and just run the fuel pump at 12 volts ie full speed permanently. What with the open non-silenced, but underfloor, exhausts and the solidly mounted jag diff singing through the "tuning forks" called roll bars I only hear it when the engine isnt running, or I'm not moving, anyway.

Cheers,

Tony

1uzfe into mk6 transit

Hello again Tony, I don,t know about having a handle on things, this has been a 'flying by the seat of my pants job of late'. To complicate matters I purchased another LS400 yesterday...Don,t ask me why but at least it has a months ticket left on it, and a bit of rent on the windscreen, so I think I'll use it as a smoker and then chop it up.
Any suggestions as to how I tell the wife will be considered.
My e-mail address is [email protected].
Cheers Rich.

Hello again Tony, I don,t know about having a handle on things, this has been a 'flying by the seat of my pants job of late'. To complicate matters I purchased another LS400 yesterday...Don,t ask me why but at least it has a months ticket left on it, and a bit of rent on the windscreen, so I think I'll use it as a smoker and then chop it up.
Any suggestions as to how I tell the wife will be considered.
My e-mail address is [email protected].
Cheers Rich.

Hi Rich,

I'll drop some diagrams into your email tomorrow.

I know how you feel re buying a LS 400 snotter as thats what my mate and I did, we told the respective Mrs it was for spares, as it only cost £300 and we would break it.

Now 4000 miles later its redundant as my mate has the first Lexus Cobra for his V8 fix , so his wife doesn't want it at his house, and my Mrs has been most insistent that its not coming here.

Its a real shame as its too good to break and we want to keep the engoine and box as its had new belts, water pump and idler bearings.

Cheers,

Tony

1uzfe into mk 6 transit

Hello Tony,
They just don't seem to understand that if you have have an interest in anything mechanical, the need to have something to drive that is different to the blokes Mondeo next door is hard to put down.....
Of course it might not have helped much when she came home to find the engine in the kitchen. Anyway, thanks for the offer of a picture/diagram it would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Rich.

Attachments

• P8030316a.jpg
    P8030316a.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 148
  • P8030317a.jpg
    P8030317a.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 128
1uzfe into mk6 transit.

Hello again Tony,
Thanks very much for the wiring diagrams, they are exactly what I needed. These will take the sting out of this conversion. Now I can get the transit into the workshop and rip out the engine and box.
I reckon that once the v8 is landed in the tranny I,ll have it done in ten days.
One other thing you could do is e-mail me your postal address so that I can make a donation to your beer fund. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks again, Rich.

Hi Rich,

It was a pleasure to share some knowledge. Don't bother sending me anything but if you feel the need donate to the running costs of this Lextreme site which has helped so many people.

Oh and take lots of piccies and stick them up on here as you may be the first to put a Lexus V8 into a Trannie........

Cheers,

Tony

Ps Took a fellow Cobranaut out in the Lexus engined Cobra tonight........He couldn't believe the acceleration and the instant pick up having been used to the ponderous revving nature of yank boat anchors. He said it was the best trip in a Cobra he had ever had.

thread revived 1uzfe into mk6 transit down under :)

Hi everyone.
hope this comes up as its an old thread.
Anyhooow, am doing the same as the other fellow.
I have a transit mk6 with a 125 thats thrown a rod. I also have an sc400 which I love(just swapped a twin turbo for the transit truck)
So after tossing up whether to use a landrover 3.9L V8 or a supercharged V6 3.8L holden commodore engine, another transit diesel, a 5L ford or holden V8 I decided on the 1uzfe.
fuel economy, power, torque, physical size and cost were the determining factors. 1uzfe won.
Soooo, did the other gentleman finish his transit? was 4 years ago now.
I just bought a donor car and am researching the issues. I will transplant the auto with it for now, but am contemplating a T56 conversion later as the transit is running a 5.1 diff ratio and could use the overdrive.
I have found some info on here and soarer world and another couple of forums.
I also LOVE this guys lexus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rWbGf2RIUM) and will do up my sc400 in similar manner. mine only has 110,000kms on clock :D

Any info will be gratefully accepted and some pics from the transit conversion would be Awesome-Woo :)

Ford Transit with 1uzfe Power :)

Hi Everyone,

Just thought after reading so much in here that I should put a 1uzfe into a 2002 transit dual cab truck. The diesel 2.4l may be cheap to run but its very expensive to fix. I happen to have 2 sc400s and also know of a toyota celsior(es400) as donor vehicles.
after the conversion I will probably change to a T56, but cannot afford the transmission just yet...
Will keep you all posted of progress.
Just finished removing the engine and gearbox from the transit today...
The beginning of something beautiful ...:D

The T56 conversion won't be cheap and the stock auto has an OD feature.

When you do the swap write it up (in a new Thread) with plenty of photos as we all love photos.

Where in Sydney are you?