1uzfe IGNITION CURVE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

joelex

I've got an aftermarket ECU (PerfectPower) on my 1uzfe in a 2001 Hilux 4x4 manual transmision. I am looking for the factory IGNITION CURVE for this engine....Can anyone help?

hiya

without there beign vacuum advance on a dissy or bob weights there isnt a curve

you need to get the ignition table from a running 1uzfe with a different ecu and view that and then enter those details into the perfect power setup - try the standalone ecu section - there are a few maps in there

from what I seen they like to idle at 15 deg - and normally aspirated take a bit of timing up to 25 as the load increases in the mid range

Hi,
Thanks for the that , any info on superchargers available for these engines locally/

Attachments

• LS7 001.jpg
    LS7 001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 268
  • LS7 004.jpg
    LS7 004.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 258
  • LS7 007.jpg
    LS7 007.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 257
hi

there isnt anyone doing supercharger kits locally - I got mine in from Richwood in australia

if i were to do it again

I would buy an Eaton or 2 off ebay

get custom fabrication done locally in SA and call it a day

it would cost about 25% of the imported kit cost

go to gotech.co.za - in the download section they have a 1UZFE map
download the map and the dealer tune 5.4 software

but its really simple

at idle and for say 1500 rpm from idle keep timing at 15 deg then every 500 rpm increase it by 2 deg
so at 2k rpm = 17deg
at 3k rpm = 21
at 4k rpm = 25
at 5k rpm = 29
at 6k rpm = 33

this will do until its tuned 100% - just make all the values the same in that rpm range

what perfect power system do you have ? and are you using a timing light to make sure what values you entered in the system are correct - ie have you "zeroed"the system correctly ?

Hi joelex

What Perfect power unit are you using?
I have the PRS 8 running on my 1UZFE, i'm not completely finished with the tuning of my ignitionmap.
But i have a reassonable ignitionmap configurator, though it's not 100% compatibel with the PRS8, since the the configurator is for Map/Rpm(speed/density), and the PRS8 is Tps/rpm(alpha/N) with Mapcorrection, that gives us a little ekstra work, but i'm sure i'll get there, when the time comes, to get a little further with the project.

Edit: here's the configurator, works in Excel:http://powerpage.dk/tuning_ignition-filer/Ignition_timing_konfigurator_opstartsmap_v106.xls

NB. There is a language button, so it can be used in english too, the map is supposed to give a fair starting point, and is a bit on the "safe" side.