1UZ with 3UZ shifter?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

EyesofThunder

What does it take to make the 1UZFE cars (GS) have a manual shift pattern like the 01-05 3UZFE cars and the 98-00 2JZ cars (GS)?

The shift buttons on the wheel I feel are a joke really. When I need them the wheel is turned, doesn't do me much good to go look for shift buttons when you are concentrating on a turn and you need a gear, would much rather have the shifter on the console be 5-4-3-2-1 instead of the goofy 5-M-3-2-1 and M being shift button mode and still allowing to go to 5. So you can't really manually shift it unless you use the wheel buttons if you want to limit 4th.

Was really hoping it shifted more like a Tiptronic and be able to hold any gear till you get stupid and then it take over.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Admittedly, I would rather a 6 speed manual. This car would do WELL for mpg if I could get cruise rpms down.

What is the "tiptronic" setup like? Full manual shift all the time?

Would be great to get cruise rpm down to around 1600 rpm at 75 mph and still have a lot of gear still when you drop down a few.

How do I find out about the tiptronic kit? Is it a real tiptronic shifter and controller? Or does it eliminate auto shifting all together?