1UZ to Tremec TKO600

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bango

Im suprised that this combo have not been tried here,seems these box are very strong(well from brief reserch LOL)able to handle excess of 600ft of TQ..
Any insight into this mating?

There's a Falcon 2 door running around Sydney with a Tremec.

I think the owner is a member here.

He's related to my Barber. I can't escape 1UZ's

fitting a tremec

I have fitted a 3550 tremec behind a 1uz it was a fairly easy conversion .
i have sold that box and bell housing to a friend with a turboed 1uz and he has had no trouble from the box.

what not interested in the v160 now??? :)

Regards oz.

$200.00 usd more and you've got yourself a V160. Then all of your power handling worries are over. I'm not endorsing in any way, neither am I supplying V160s, I'm just saying that the tranny is stout, and a Toyota - Toyota marriage seems to make more sense.

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
$200.00 usd more and you've got yourself a V160. Then all of your power handling worries are over. I'm not endorsing in any way, neither am I supplying V160s, I'm just saying that the tranny is stout, and a Toyota - Toyota marriage seems to make more sense.

Eric
Is that Brand new? These tremec TKO600 at $1600 are brandnew,V160's are harder to find in Australia(at a resonable price that is)and there's no way of telling how many K's/Trashing they(V160) have done..hehehhe,Its the Shipping to Australia thats the drawback..

Brand new a V160 runs about $5500 usd. But it's WELL worth it, trust me. With the V160, it is either broken or it isn't meaning that even it's a high mile tranny, it brings the same as a relative low mile tranny. When advertised, rarely is milage brought up. Right now, the market dictates that usd, they cost between $1900, and $2500 usd. At least that's what prices that's been on Supraforums for some time now. Hope it helps,

Thanks man,

Eric

Well all helps,You really like these V160,they must be that good eh? You think for $4000-$5000 can be had with all adapter/pressureplate/clutch?Closer to $4000 is better offcourse..lol

Bango, actually i know of 2 members here that use the tko600. Myself (though car still unfinished) and JustenGT8. I dont know where you got the brand new price of $1600 for it from, but in Aus. it's more like $4500 brand new. Maybe in USD it would be 1600, but that still sounds a little cheap.

Eric, regardless of how you push the v160 to be a great box (which it is no doubt), the tko600 is still stronger at the end of the day. Only drawback, 5 gears.... but for the torque of an FI'd v8, you can afford to have slightly longer 5 gears vs short ratio 6 gears. That's my view at least.

tko600 stronger? How many running 1200-1400 rwhp and have their TKO survive? I understand the rating is quite good (600 lbs of torque), but honestly I don't know what the rating is for the getrag, but there are a lot of examples of people running, even in drag racing (where the launches are brutal) well over 600 lbs of tq (more like 900 lbs). I am not saying the TKO is not stronger; I am just wondering why you came to that conclusion.

Yeah, here in Orlando, I can count on 2 hands the number of 1000+ rwhp V160 street driven Supras. This board pisses themselves over something being proven... well to me, that's proven.

Eric

OkThen,i might just try one of these V160....But I don't/really want to give an arm and leg to have one in,I need the arm to drive and a leg on the Hammer...LOl
The Bottom line is really all these boxes Tremec TKO's ,R 154's,V160's and The tough Auto's like Th400 etc ,gives us a choice to use one type that suit your "budget" or what ever situations at the time.
It be good to have "real" test report done by members whom have tried the various Types of Boxes..well maybe..lol
Guess my bottom line mostly is Value...They have to have good Value to you.

If cost is an issue and you are not going to make killer hp, then W58 or R154 would be ok. However, if you are looking auto tranny, there some great deals on them.

cowboy bebop said:
Yeah, here in Orlando, I can count on 2 hands the number of 1000+ rwhp V160 street driven Supras. This board pisses themselves over something being proven... well to me, that's proven.

Eric
Eric, with due respect, money doesn't grow on trees everywhere else like it does at SF. You may have noticed this board's membership doesn't throw thousands of dollars around just because a fast talking salesman says something will work, but doesn't have a running car to prove it. I don't call that p*ssing ourselves at all; I call that caution and discretion.

For everyone's benefit, Getrag's rating on their type 233 transmission, (better known as the Toyota V160) is 490 Nm, which is 361 lb-ft of torque.

Tremec's rating on their TKO600 is 600 lb-ft.

Regardless of the hype and opinions about which one is stronger, these are the manufacturers' ratings. You decide which is better for your own application.

HP means very little when talking about transmissions and clutches. Torque is what determines the size/strength of these components.

I know which box works well on boosted 3.0 liter motors that don't make huge amounts of torque off the line, and I know which one I'd want behind a driveshaft snapping big block in a 2 ton vehicle.

John