1uz & surf ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dannyboy77

hi all i am looking to do the swap and gathering as much info as i can. i am wondering about the duel ECU combo i would have to run to make the surf work. i see i will need the 1uz ECU to run the engine and the 2nd gen 2.4TD auto surf ECU to run the gear box and maintain hi low ratio and 2-4WD. i have read to get the gear box to work i will need to plug the throttle sensor EFI water temp sensor from the 1uz engine into the surf ECU and the speed sensor from the surf to the surf ECU. will this combo work?

i have read about this combo not changing down gears and its better to have either manual or lexus gear box in but would loose hi and low ratio and need to fiddle to make the 4WD drive work. i use it of off orading so thre is concern about the hi and low but does any one have comments??

Keep reading, there is heaps of information on mating up a 1uz auto to a surf transfer case.

AFAIK it is a PITA to get a surf auto to work with a 1uz computer. Sideshow will tell you how difficult it is.

its not difficult

here is what u do
drop car off to my shop
a grand or 2 later and it wil be perfect
no one has paid me to fix it properly so i guess no money no gear shifting down hehehe
i tell customer the prob before i do the job anyway

anyway there is no right way to do a surf
they are **** cars anyway i do not see the reason people buy them
the 2.4 is one of toyotas worst mistakes

get in touch with dr tweak as he recons he car wire it al up to work
surf is one car i will not do unless its at my shop
unless its a manual
as i have all the diagrams i need for a surf

thanks all for the good advice! its a bit fo a problem getting the car to your shop as i am in the UK! is the way forward losing the surf gear box and just getting the 4WD to work.

i think from the advice and posts i will stick with the 1uz engine and gear box then just get it to morry to transfer case

is my 4WD low range a mechanical lever therefore no electrics needed??? so could i get rid of the surf ecu to run the 4WD so mechanically is it in 2WD in high range and 4WD in low range ??

Hey dannyboy77, keep reading the posts and make good use of the search part of this site as 99 % of the info you will need is on here. I have been on here a while and the info / people on here have helped me no end. Cheers Chris.

Cheshire. England.

yeah have gathered a lot of good stuff off here like colour wire diagrams and good advice!

have you done the same to your hilux?? where abouts in cheshire as im on the wirral?wow

hi small world as i know pagey gave you hand and warned me off doing it! i think dan is your cuz and he is giving me a hand to take apart the lexus and you did the transplant at the farm in saughall massie?? well im in meols and if you want to relive the 'experience' then let us know and you will be very welcome to give us a hand if you want! im at the stage of getting to grips with the wiring! but i have found great colour wiring diagrams on this site and it all seems to corrispond!! you can give us a bell on 07787545500 if you want to go through the headache of doing it !!! dont again!! dont blame you if you dont though!!

u must have done it to a v6 surf
no oeverdirve until hot is normal
its there to save the auto

thats good
so the v6 is easy just need to work out how to get the diesel surf auto ecu to work now

i need a std dieseil 2.4 surf to do some testing

hey instead of installing another temp sender

put a variable resistor between the 2 temp sensor wires
adjust resistance till u get overdrive then fit a resistor to that exact resistance
this tricks auto ecu telling it that its hot
another thing is the older auto ecus used to have one wire sensor this would trigger to ground once it got over 60 degrees
this allows overdirve so if its a one wire snesor that might work
if its the actual coolant temp sensor then fit ressitor