1uz Manual Swap Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I was wondering the same thing. The link doesn't work and I'm completely confused. As of now I'm going to keep it auto for the swap as funds are low. Later on If I feel like it I will swap it. Thanks for the help guys.

Engine and manual gearbox, because the factory, all 1UZ for automatic and manual production never ever, we put him on the modified suv, and to change manually, it brings the docking, 1UZ problem of the gearbox, basically have the following a few:
3VZ 5VZ, 1P, Jeep4.0, gearbox, namely the engine G58 Toyota W55, W56, R151F, R154, R150, series gearbox

The flywheel shell is designed according to actual needs, and welcome the exchange

EMAIL:[email protected]
http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1316

Engine and manual gearbox, because the factory, all 1UZ for automatic and manual production never ever, we put him on the modified suv, and to change manually, it brings the docking, 1UZ problem of the gearbox, basically have the following a few:
3VZ 5VZ, 1P, Jeep4.0, gearbox, namely the engine G58 Toyota W55, W56, R151F, R154, R150, series gearbox

The flywheel shell is designed according to actual needs, and welcome the exchange

EMAIL:[email protected]
http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1316

????? Not to be rude as well, BUT I am not putting any jeep parts on my truck nor do I understand what you are talking about. G58 Toyota W55, W56, R151F, R154, R150, series gearbox are all possible manual swap tranmissions that I could use. I have found the necessary parts that I would need to make those work. BUT those will not handle the HP I am aiming forn nor will they all work with dual cases and the gear ratios I am working with. So thanks for the input but I am good. Thanks for trying pd4x4.

I don't want to bump tread on toes bumping an old post, but I see some bad info in here that could well mess someone out of a lot of money one day. The difference between an R150F and an R151F is that they have a different output shaft with different splines. The R151F is generally considered a beefier transmission, and the transfer cases are well sought after. The R151F only came in 1986 and 1987 turbo 22R-TE trucks, so they're quite rare and very pricey.

The R150F is pretty common and quite beef enough for most applications. It shares many parts with the R154 and can be quite heavily built for big power. Its splined output shaft should fit any transfer case out of any R or A series transmission, such as the A340F.

I don't want to bump tread on toes bumping an old post, but I see some bad info in here that could well mess someone out of a lot of money one day. The difference between an R150F and an R151F is that they have a different output shaft with different splines. The R151F is generally considered a beefier transmission, and the transfer cases are well sought after. The R151F only came in 1986 and 1987 turbo 22R-TE trucks, so they're quite rare and very pricey.

The R150F is pretty common and quite beef enough for most applications. It shares many parts with the R154 and can be quite heavily built for big power. Its splined output shaft should fit any transfer case out of any R or A series transmission, such as the A340F.

here in the US many companies make adaptetrs to put the older gear driver r1a transfer cases on the R150f and a340 which are the strongest of the toyota transfercases and also the easiest to double up or put lower gears in.

IIRC the stock a340 and r150 t cases are different

Yes, the VF1A, VF2A, and VF3AM are different internally, externally, and in function. the exploded diagrams in my 4Runner manual show that the VF1A and VF2A are quite different in many ways.

However, all my research has shown that the two are interchangeable in place. However, I know for sure the wiring is not.

The VF1A is for the manual, has a top shift.
The VF2A is for the auto, has a side shift mechanical linkage
The VF3AM is the muilti-mode AWD case from the 99+ 4Runner Limited, it has a top shift if I remember correctly... but don't quote me on that.

My VF3AM transfer case bolts nicely to my R150F. The VF3AM only ever came behind a A340F so it's reasonable to assume that the A340F never changed in output shaft or rear housing, so the transfer cases of any 5VZ-FE 4WD systems "should" all be physically interchangeable to any transmission that came bolted to the 5VZ-FE. (As I mentioned, all the shifters are in different places... another issue with interchangability.)

I emphasize 'should'. The only thing I haven't checked on the VF3AM to R150F combo is the tailshaft engagement depth to ensure the splines are fully engaging each other. A rumour flying around Toyota forums is that the tailshafts are different lengths between the auto and manual, which is supposedly why you can't use an auto t-case on a manual transmission. But, no one has ever substantiated the claim, so I went ahead and bought the trans and t-case anyway. I can't find the email, but a guy at 4WD adaptors (???) said they make the same adaptor for manual and auto's, to do a twin case setup, he said the input shafts would presumably be the same length in order for the same adaptor to work on both. Perhaps circumstantial, but when my transmission and t-case finally find their way back to my garage, I will prove it.

However, all the different cases have different wiring, actuators, and computers. So although you can physically exchange them, but that doesn't mean it'll work as intended. Also, the auto and manual are different lengths, meaning different crossmembers... and presumably different mounting arrangements for the t-case support. So, saying that an auto box's t-case would bolt to a manual transmission isn't a stretch, but saying it'll bolt right into place probably is. There'll be some chopping and welding, no doubt.

But if you're shoe-horning it behind a 1UZ, problems like that are pretty insignificant ;D

I've also read that the VF1A and VF2A don't require any electronics to perform 2WDHI-4WDHI-4WDLO functions. It's all manually actuated, supposedly. Read about it on TTORA for people doing 4WD swaps into 2WD trucks; wiring wasn't required.

Attachments

• slips-9-10-09.jpg
    slips-9-10-09.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
yeah with enough fabrication you could make anything fit. also the chain driven cases that came on the R series and A series transmissions also came with left or right hand drops so you can go either way depending on what you need.

I personally perfer the gear driven cases out of the older 4cyl trucks, i have broken too many chain driven cases with v-6's let alone v-8 power. the gearing options of low range are nice also for offroading.