1uz into VK help.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mugshot

hey guys, new to the forum. have heard nothing but praise for this motor.

so i have decided to gather info for a conversion and then delve into it.

plan is to put a 1uzfe into a VK commodore (originally 6 cylinder).

and eventually either turbo/twin turbo it.

now. i have some questions.

over here in perth i have only managed to source a place that sells the mid sumped 1uz's. what mods are required to fit a mid sump 1uz into a vk that was originally built for a 6cyl?

im aware this is a broad question. but any help appreciated.

Anthony

U need to use a front sump, mid has no way of fitting and will require heaps of work - better off making one from scratch. The sumps are inter changable so if u get a mid or rear a front sump can be sourced.

Look at sourcing an engine from over east, iam currently looking at getting another engine for a new project and will be getting it from east, way cheaper even with the freight costs.

My VL conversion, so should help ya.....
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287

Maxpower. where abouts are u planning on getting your motor from?

do they have a website.

i found a place over here in perth that does 1uzfe and gearbox package for $2000.thats with factory auto.

except the only ones he has left are mid sump. he may however be able to get some front sump ones in. he has also done a 1uzfe into VL conversion.

the place is called "Performance Turbochargers"

guy seemed quite helpful over the phone.

Anthony

Yeah that would be Grant at Performanz, he brought in a few pallets about 1 year and a half ago.

Have rang a few places, not settled on one yet but try a search for "half cut" on this site and there is a thread with names of places to go for an engine.

yeah that would be the place. he seemed quite helpful.

cheapest i could find half cuts on the net for is 2500 plus 700shipping to perth

so thats 3200. for that 1200 i could get a wold 3d for the motor.

also. with your 1uzfe into VL was your vl originally a 6cyl or 8cyl?

would this make any difference to the conversion?

Anthony

if the motor is a rear sumped one. is there any way at all to move the sump forward so that it will fit into a vk?. or will it fit without moving ti forward?

also. what is the difference between the 1uzfe from a Crown, celsior and soarer?

Anthony

if your looking where to buy half-cuts from get to your newsagency and buy "Zoom" magazine.

half the magazine is ads for j@p engines and the other half is good articles on engine conversions anyway.

so have a front sump sourced and shipped!
i got my engine off grant at per4manz as well - good engines - all hand picked with low kays i was told.

you'll need to remove the sump pan AND the upper half of the sump and have something fabricated - or you could source and ship over a front sump. do the maths and work out which is cheaper.

and don't bother with a front cut if you're not using the factory ECU and sensors etc etc.