1uz into navara

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

clint

heres my navara. it got boring to drive with the stock 2.0 so ill fix that by doubling the size and amount of cylinders haha. was looking at a vh41 but decided on 1uz, seemed easier to do, more knowledge available on 1uz, also toyota motor a bit smaller from what i could find out. more pics to follow

engine and gearbox mounts. for engine i used bmw rubber mounts, swapped the engine brackets left to right. made new brackets off side of rails. gearbox mount used stock toyota rubber and made new bracket off torsion bar x-member. put a bit of a dent in the tunnel on the left side. notched the back of the sump. moved the bottom of the steering column across 1/2 inch.

made my own headers. 1 5/8 pipes into collector. exhaust will be twin 2 1/4 into a single 3inch bullet muffler then a 50 series flowmaster. put on some better brakes (thanks to Rob at cartune for the parts recipe) bolts on easy.
will be interesting to see how the rear end holds up......4.3 gears and 205/40/17 tyres i think it will have traction issues
got the driveshaft sorted took the stock 3 prong flange off got a surf flange cut down and welded to it then got a toyota driveshaft of some sort with a slip joint joined to the nissan rear shaft.
used a b&m unimatic shifter, nice and simple, got rid of the cable and made a solid linkage (not a fan of puzzleshifters and meted cables)
used a diesel radiator with 2 10inch fans hopefully will keep it cool enough
had to move the handbrake cable to the inside of the cab, not enough room at the back of the motor. its a tight fit in a navara

Low mini truck in NZ - I was going to ask if you knew Rob. Are his spindles in the front? Is it nissan stud pattern on the front or have you swapped to toyota? I've seen that front brake setup too many times now - looks good - cheers

ive got a conversion to wire up next week

its a late model navara and they fitted the 1hdte 6 cyl turbo diesel thing

with 5 speed auto

You've done a great job there.

The headers are a credit to you.

Simple and effective. May not be equal length but wih 4-1's it isn't that critical.

the front hubs are hilux, to make it 5 stud, spindles i got from the states

side mirrors- it used to have the japanese hockey stick ones.....long gone

the engine was waterblasted and covered in silicone when i bought it from the wreckers....i havnt cleaned it at all

cheers guys!

it runs! goes great, had some issues with wiring and the auto, just disconnected the trans plug for now, waiting on a wiring diagram to get the 1-2 manual shift part working properly
need to sort out the speedo, the truck has an electric one
needs a lsd, stomped on the gas and laid a 100m black stripe.....the tyre tread has mysteriously attached itself to the inner guard haha
am pleased with how it sounds and goes, revs out a lot better than others ive driven with the factory exhaust manifolds

anybody know what rpm is the factory rev limiter?

Clint. What troubles are you having with the auto. We have normally got the autos running nicely but there a couple of things that have to be done just right. Give Rob a call (I'm Kelvin his boss) and we could have a look for you. Cheers

cheers guys.....got a wiring diagram for the trans will have a look at it this weekend. the diff didnt last the weekend a spider gear cried enough the next day ha ha. has lsd now

got trans and speedo sorted all works well now. does one wierd thing after trans wired up, when first started it goes into wont rev above 3000ish mode until i move it. ie put in gear and back out the garage then its fine.
took to drags did 14.3, now i want more power!

clint, how did it go with the radiator? keeping it cool?

im lookin at doing this conversion very soon once im back at work and have the money... so ill probly be asking you alot more... do you have myspace?

Attachments

• 00025-small.jpg
    00025-small.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 13
hey man, the radiator is a diesel one, its still single row although the row is a lot bigger than the petrol one. it copes surprisingly well i dont have the fans turned on much at all even on a hot day

Attachments

• DSCF7638.jpg
    DSCF7638.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF7647.jpg
    DSCF7647.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 14
picked up my motor today... ino its probly a hassle but do u have any measurements for your engine mounts and ****? gonna do it similar to you

Cheers Steve for the advice, i have a swb A and love the body style but she has no balls, so i want to put a beefy lump into it. But does the izuzu v6 a staight fit onto the gear box ?