1uz into mx73 cressida *pics update*

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Custom Extractors (rest of exhaust is only 2.5" though).
Custom Twin TB intake manifold.
Microtech ECU.
Manual Trans.

I'll get the rest of the exhaust done, and finish the ducting on the intake, and get it redone.

Okay.

Time for an update on what I've done with this car lately.

I finally got it to the drags a month or so ago, and it ran a 14.3 @ 97mph.
No where near as quick as I had hoped for.
So I went and got her weighed. Racing weight that night would have been around 1525kg or 3360lbs. A lot heavier than I thought.

So I decided to retire the car from its hoon duties, take off all the performance gear, revert it back to auto and factory ecu, and quiet exhaust.

So I've spent the last 2 weeks in the garage removing all the good stuff, installing the auto, the '91 UZZ31 ECU, and various other things.

engine.jpg

soarer_ecu_installed.jpg

So I turned the motor over for the first time with the ecu connected last night. Didn't start first time due to no fuel in the rail, (held key on for about 10secs), but just about fired straight up when I tried again.
I can tell you, with NO exhaust (just log headers), its F***ING LOUD.
Theres not enough oil in the tranny at the moment, so backing it out of the shed was a bit edgy, but it seemed to drive fine.
Purr'd like a tiger too, stable 1300rpm cold.

Its being towed to the exhaust shop this morning I hope, and I'm hopefully picking it up on saturday.

Will do a vid then.

so THAT'S what you've been up to...:) how did you find the microtech BTW? i'm thinking about getting rotomotion to fit a new LTX16 - fitted and dyno tuned is about $2k.

1500+kgs is getting close to a stock-but-stripped soarer in regards to weight...! still - a low 14 is nothing to sneeze at - will still keep up with a new $45k WRX.

can you PM me your mob number again...? i have a teeny tiny favour to ask you...

LT16S wont be $2k installed and tuned.
Damn thing will be over $2000 just for the unit, then about $400 install and $300 tune.
That will be an NA tune too, FI will be more.

Only get the LT16S if you want to go 8 coil packs. Otherwise just get the LT10S and save $500.

I found the Microtech to be fine once I had sorted out my wiring f***ups.
Easy to play with, did everything I needed.
Would have done more if I sat down and read the book.

Will PM in a sec

OH - well maybe it's not the LT16...? they quoted $1045 + $400 for wiring + $300 for tuning and about $200 to wire up the tiptronic controller while they're there... is that the LTX12?

Nah, that will probably be the LT8S, same as what I have.
LT10S is $100 more and well worth it. I would have gotten it if it was around when I got mine.

The LT12S is $1595

Me!

Rotomotion know what they are doing when it comes to installing, not sure how good their tune is.
But $300 is nothing compared to what you'll spend over the next while.

Just make sure the cooling system is up to it all, otherwise dyno time goes through the roof.

You'll need to buy some Bosch 008 or 124 ignitors too, Rotomotion will probably be able to supply them too.

You can use the 4 tooth crank disc, but I recommend getting a 12tooth one. Microtech f***ed up the programming of mine coz I asked for a 4 tooth setup. Long story, tell ya later.
Get a Delco airtemp sensor too and mount it where the CSI goes into the plenum

i have a 12 tooth disc coming from QCA today, as well as the O2 sensors and trigger sensor. yeah rotomotion are gonna supply the ignitors too - all up they said $2k flat coz i have dealt with them a fair bit.

cooling system is a pair of thick arse davies craig's and a 4core chev radiator.

what's the CSI? is that the little bypass valve thingy on the front of the plenum?

question - did your motor vibrate / move much running the m'tech? like did it miss at idle or anything?

o2 sensors?
No need. Microtech doesn't use them as inputs, just has the display on the screen.

CSI is cold start injector, its under the plenum. Microtech just increases injector pulse when its cold, same as every other aftermarket ecu and most factory ecu these days.

The thing at the front is the ISCV. Very few aftermarket ecu's can control the factory 1uz one. But it doesn't matter, its not really needed.

And you'd never know my car running on Microtech, except for starting it.
Factory ecu is about 1 rev before it starts, Microtech is about 5.
Apart from that, it was just as smooth.

I'm planning on using microtech aswell. Have used it on several 4cyl engines with good results.

I'm not sure if I will use lt8s or lt10s. But with lt10 there is no need for igniters i think. With lt8s te stock igniters must be used if i understand it correct.

My engine came without the igniters i think. Cant find them anywhere. coils are missing too, so a complete ignition setup from microtech is needed.
I have always installed and tuned microtechs myself. So I plan on doing that with the 1uzfe aswell.

Neither the LT8S or the LT10S have internal ignitors anymore.
However you can get an external ignitor box from Microtech to do the job.
I'm not sure if the LT8S can communicate with this or not.

But I'm just using 2 Bosch 008 ignitors (I'm acutally using generic copies). They only cost $70AUD each brand new.

Unusual for a coil to not be on the motor, as they are bolted to it.