1uz into mx73 cressida *pics update*

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peewee

Ok, quick update time, well sorta, not gonna reveal anything right now

But I get home on 25th June, and she WILL be running by the afternoon, providing a certain package has arrived

i made my own sump out of steel, its very easy to do, i made a template of the bottom out of 8mm plate then fabricated the rest out of 1mm sheet and tig welded it up

Peewee said:
Ok, quick update time, well sorta, not gonna reveal anything right now

But I get home on 25th June, and she WILL be running by the afternoon, providing a certain package has arrived

Does this mean no more Delco or is it a special black box for the Delco??? I wanna know something!!!!!

Peewee,
Glad to see you coming back. Saw on toymods. Hope you finish it when you get back. Good Luck and sorry to hear about the RnR schedule.

(P.S. - The sooner your finished, the sooner I can harass you about the engine mounts :))

The same one I used on my 6mge.
So its just a 2" Y pipe, 2.25" cat, into 2.5" catback with a 2.5" muffler (only one)

And incase you're wondering, no, its not running right, its running far from full power.

Hahah, and then some.

Dunno what it is.
Didnt really have time over the weekend to sort it out.

Will try again next RnR, but we did thrash the **** out of her for about 150kms.
95% of the time she is only running at 50% power, but occasionally she pulls full power.
she went from 70 up to 110 in about 8ish seconds up a hill, in 4th.
Cant wait for full power

So no luck at the tuner. Sorry to hear that. Did you ever figure out why it was firing to often? Your running the Delco unit, right? Is the ignition module getting "confused" and firing as if were a pair of V8's?
I saw on your wiring diagram all the injector wires come together at d15/16. Are they suppose to be batch fired by the delco or are they suppose to be like factory
http://www.lextreme.com/lexuecc2.pdf
Don't know if that is why you were running rich or not. Not very familiar with the Delco.

Ignore all that delco stuff.
She's not running on delco no more

And with the ignition breaking down intermittently, tuning is impossible.
But she's not running lean, so I was happy to thrash her.

I simply couldnt be ****** trying to sort it out anymore.

I'm only home 5 days a month, and my car has been off the road for 5 months, and I just wanted to drive the ******.

Nah, we gave up.
Didnt have the time to perform any R&D anymore.

You have 3 option tho.
Use the one "Max Power" is designing
Buy D!cks Superbox (best option)
Use a Lada Niva ignition module (apparently these use 1 input, and can control 2 coils)

Alan was just telling me now that he is trying to persuade your uncle to keep up making them - but again these things are coming in at the $500 mark.

i just want it done when i drop it off, like "see ya in a week" style.

hey btw can you give me a call when you're back next? i want to grab that sump off you - i lost your dad's number.