1uz into ln106 hilux 1988 help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

HoeLux

hey guys just drowned my 1988 ln106 Hilux and its time for a new motor (2.8l 3l model that has been turb'd)
Image022.jpg

Looking at repowering it with a 1uz or 2uz
Just wondering what will have to be done to get this motor to fit eg, mounts,adapter plates etc

The gear box has the number 81000752 Can anyone identify this gearbox?

and also the front leave springs are almost flat is this bad?
Image001.jpg

Your help would be greatly appraciated

Cheers Guys
Sam

Heres a LN106 double cab we have been working on

We use a front sump motor

I supplied mounts (I sell them on trade me) . I supplied bellhousing , flywheel and clutch , in take fuel pump , big alloy radiator , electric fans , headers and fitted it all up including wiring, heater hoses, driveshaft lengthened , driveshaft hoop making new gearbox crossmember , fuel hoses , fuel filter etc.

Lots of time is involved but they are awesome when done properly

The intake on this one was swapped so a snorkel can be fitted at a later date

Generally the LN106 ran a G52 4x4 gearbox. These are the smaller of the toyota gearboxes. The oil drain points towards the ground. The larger box is from a Surf and is a R series box, generally has the electric 4x4 engagement motor on the back.

I prefer complete bellhousings over adaptors as they are more professional and save time when fitting.

Looks like you need some new springs there too.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1uz coil 023.jpg
    1uz coil 023.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 1uz coil 021.jpg
    1uz coil 021.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1uz coil 013.jpg
    1uz coil 013.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 1uz coil 014.jpg
    1uz coil 014.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1uz coil 025.jpg
    1uz coil 025.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 101
  • 1uz coil 027.jpg
    1uz coil 027.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 1uz coil 024.jpg
    1uz coil 024.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1uz coil 034.jpg
    1uz coil 034.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 110
Well i got my Hilux going today,spued swamp water out the exhaust for 30 seconds but she went.
maybe i will keep the V8 conversion for next year.
Lots of good info there and that IS A SICK UTE..

Btw what tyres are those?

cheers man
sam

I see you use the same fans I do. Building one of these ATM but have mounted the engine lower than you do which has created some issues with some clearances to the steering box. But given what we are doing to it this ends up solving more problems than it creates. I'm told you are talking to Trevor about his 4runner and gave a hot price for "Drive in drive out"

I make several different levels of mounts depending on the application. These are the highest. Ive quoted lots of drive in drive outs lately and I prefer this as it means we dont end up fixing other peoples mistakes. I also sell heaps of conversion kits. I'm helping around 15 people who are doing it themselves and doing 7 ourselves at the moment.

Cheers

Hey gloverman, little bi off topic but just wondering what size tyres are on that hilux up the page and what raise has it got?

cheers
Man

2.5" body lift and 2" suspention kift
tires are Maxxis Mudzilla M8080 35/13.5-15

and yes on a non lifted truck .. the front springs are normally flat

hope that helps

headers

hey mate how much do u sell the headers for im in cairns qld, id be keen for a set, just recieved all my bits today from bullet performance for the 2nd engines rebuild so it should be a goer again very soon, i got a 2'' bodylift with engine as far back as i can go.

cheers
stewy