1UZ injectors not getting power?? Drift event in 2 days

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drift99

Hey guys,
I have a 92 1UZ in my 240sx drift car. I have a drift event coming up this saturday and I need to get my engine running asap (I need the points badly since I missed round #1).

Problem;
Injectors not getting power. Only getting 0.20-0.60v when cranking.

I drifted the engine twice so far. 1st event it ran flawlessly. The 2nd event I had this same problem at the beginning of the event leaving me stranded on the track 3 times that day. The problem went away that day half way through the day and it ran great. Yesterday I went to start it and it started up for 3 seconds and died and never had signs of life since.

It basically seems like a loose connection somewhere which is causing all injectors to loose power. I checked the plugs and all are bone dry and brown.

Things I have tried;

Swapped the ECU. No change
Swapped MAF for the heck of it. No change
Made sure ECU was grounded
Engine is grounded well. (engine cranks fast and strong)

I have run out of ideas. I cant think of a sensor that would tell the computer to cut fuel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jake

Last edited:
Your injectors have 2 terminals each. One must receive +12v from ignition barrel, the other one receives negative control signal from ECU. The +12 power is common while drive signal is individual

You are probably talking about losing the +12 power to all injectors. The quick and dirty fix is to run a power supply wire in parallel to a faulty one.

Note that no power to all injectors has nothing to do to ECU or EFI sensors. It's only about some loose connection / heavy oxidation / etc

Do you have a spark by any chance?

Thanks guys.
It actually turned out to be a loose injector plug. The clip was broken off th plug so the plug came loose I guess. I guess the computer read this problem and kept all injectors from getting power....? Have any of yo experienced this before?

She runs great now!