1UZ Frustrations...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LexStarr

Ok, back in September my cousin bought a 94 SC300 5spd because he loved my SC400 so much, but he and I decided he should get a 5spd 2JZ instead so that between the two of us we would have the best of both worlds. As most of you probably guessed, the first thing we did after bring my cousins newly purchased Lexus home and giving it a quick tune up, was have a quick drag race. At this point his SC300 was completely stock whereas my 93 SC400 has had a 4.27 SC300 diff swap w/ mkiv Torsen lsd, BFI intake mod w/ K&N drop in filter, custom dual 2.25" cat-back exhaust w/ Flowmaster mufflers and Acura RSX seats + removed spare tire (small weight reduction).

I smoked him... And just for fairness, since I used to race and am much better at driving a manual trans., we switched cars and did it again, and my SC400 still blew the doors off his SC300.

Well 6 months later, my cousin is now blowing my doors off thanks to a $500 turbo kit.
I knew from the beginning that modifying the 1uz wasn't going to be easy, or cheap, but I've had this car for a year and a half now and I'm starting to find it hard to believe that even to achieve 300rwhp I'm gonna have to spend $1000+.
Is there really no way to get 50-70 hp for less than a grand?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer. I guess I just needed to vent.